Thursday, October 25, 2007

Halloween Hotness #1




This is a first for Philly Transplant, the blog, because not only will we have a guest author, but it will be a joint post, no less. Starrlight of Here Comes a Storm is joining over here for a little Hottie fun.

In case you had not noticed, Halloween has taken a turn towards sexy. Of course it takes a turn towards sexy when I am not allowed to really look at the sexy, but that is another post altogether. So leading up to Halloween, there will be one hot guy and one hot girl a day listed here, one of my choosing and one of my favorite Gothic bloggers choosing.

My selection today is Fairuza Balk. She is of The Craft fame, but just has that Gothic, exotic look. Or at least she did when she was younger. Now that she has gotten older, she looks a bit more glamorous, which to me actually makes me think she is not as hot as she used to be. Amazingly, with a name like Fairuza, she was actually born in California. Fairuza means turquoise in English. The various parts of her heritage show in her exotic looks, her parents were a belly dancer and a folk Musician, so you know she just had to be kooky growing up. But, this is my kind of kooky.















Ooh..good choice, Sparky! Fairuza definitely has it going on. I can see her dancing in a cobweb brushing manner. And thank you for the invite to partake in some All Hallow's Hotness.

My choice for today is the poster boy for Goth Hotness, Brandon Lee. Brandon was the son of Martial Arts legend Bruce Lee and was on his way to solid career when he tragically died during the filming of The Crow. Now I admit, I am a huge Crow Fan and Brandon in full Crow regalia is just about as hot and Gothy as a guy could be. But he wasn't half bad au natural either!




And Drum Roll and Ice Pack please.....



Ok then...I think I could use a cold one. And remember, Buildings Burn, People Die, But Real Love Is Forever.

Where's my Sisters of Mercy tape??



Now, a deceased hot actor, who died to soon, who also happens to be the son of another cult figure actor who died to soon, if that does not scream Halloween, I don't know what does. Of course, there is a part of Brandon Lee in his full Crow Regalia that reminds me of Sting from WCW, but hey, its not my choice.

16 comments:

Cinnamon Girl said...

Actually you are dead on Sparky...Mister Wrestler man admits it is Crow Makeup. Looks better on Brandon :P

Anndi said...

Those two would have had beautiful children (is it wrong to drool over a dead guy?)

Off to take a shower!

Twyla said...

The Crow is one of my favourite movies of all time. I still have it on vhs tape, that I bought years ago. I think it's time to upgrade it to a DVD.

Schmoop said...

She is one of the few who look hot in Goth. Cheers Sparky.

Wylie Kinson said...

Excellent choices. I concur with both.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Oh Twyla...get the anniversary DVD!

And no Anndi it is not wrong. Two words...Michael Hutchins. Umm...whew.

MissMargo said...

Wow, I haven't thought about The Crow in forever!

Rebecca said...

Oh, the Crow - he's so hot in that movie... but that first pic of him wasn't so hot. :-0

Cinnamon Girl said...

He wasn't bad without the make up but I do prefer the longer hair. But that said...gimme Brandon as Eric Draven any damn day of the week.

It's like Orlando Bloom. Hot as Legolas, not hot as anything else. I am weird like that, I know.

Tug said...

LOTTA lotta hottness...NICE.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

YUMMMY Fairuza...YUMMY ...

Sparky... Starr is a Hottie and could fit into your selections...just a thought!

Cinnamon Girl said...

OMG...he didn't!

I decline to comment on my hotness level as vanity is never hawt...but goth I am. In a non Hot Topic kindergothen way :P

Sparky Duck said...

There was Goth before Hot Topic? Who knew?

As for Starr in general, she still thinks I am a feathery duck and so I must assume she is some chick in a windstorm.

who the hell is Legolas?

bundle-o-contradictions said...

Thank you for the reminder. We musn't forget Brandon. The world lost a seriously hot man when we lost him.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Hot Topic has great band t shirts and cute clothes. But there is more to being goth than the wardrobe. Which is of course lost of the vast majority of self professed goths who would not know Byron if he bit their ass!

OMG...geeks everywhere are dying...Lord of the Rings...Legolas the Elf, oh Ducklet One.

And I am a girl in a storm :P

Sparky Duck said...

*mutters* sorry Elf lord