Friday, September 07, 2007

Pick Your Poison #5

Ah yes, the return of a few new ways to get "your sauce" on this weekend.

The Pink Poodle

grenadine
sugar
2 oz vodka
4 oz pink grapefruit juice
1 cup ice cubes

1.Run grenadine around the rim of a long glass then dip it in sugar.
2.Place the vodka and grapefruit juice in a cocktail shaker over the ice.
3.Shake, then strain into the glass

I will be honest, I did not do the rim around the glass thing, I added a tablespoon of grenandine to the drink before serving instead. But it does look pretty.

Banana Cream Pi

2 oz coconut rum (Malibu or whatever)
2 oz banana liquer
6 to 8 oz pineapple juice

This drink can be mixed with ice added, or put into a blender with ice, to be crushed. Combine all ingredients and serve, or blend and then serve.

5 comments:

Anthony said...

I'll have a blender full of Banana Cream Pi's please.

The Gal Herself said...

Ms. LeTourneau would like a Pink Poodle and a Trent Green. Thank you.

Erin said...

Oh my! That does look pretty! Now I must go get a drink ;)

Desert Songbird said...

That pink thing looks too...girly for me. I'd rather just drink that damn thing. And I HATE poodles, so, you know - no fluff, just the booze, please.

Jill said...

Now I'll have to try the pink poodle sometime!! Seems yummy!!