Tuesday, September 11, 2007

6 Years Already

After a fun delay to make a little trip to a doctor for some seepage issues and then the loss of power, this post can finally get crafted.

I don't go into the whole what 9/11 was like for me stuff for me too often, especially on an anniversary day of 9/11, because it is certainly not about me. Being an Jerseyan, it was like living a bad movie real time. So, enough about that. But, one song that struck so close to home and was actually a song that could motivate you out of bed to keep going on with your day so close to the tragedy was of course U2. So, here they are... *applause applause*

9 comments:

Cinnamon Girl said...

I saw that half time and I bawled my eyes out. Good choice, Sparky.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

sigh... thanks sparky.

smiles, bee

Valtool said...

I wish I knew where my copy of the CDs from the telethon are. That U2 Perforance was the tops, and the guy from LImp Bizkit with was it Googoo Doll guy?) doing "Wish You Were Here. Awesome stuff. Amy and I watched the broadcast from a hotel room in Atlanta as she was here to go househunting. The morning of the terror attack we found out we would be moving to Atlanta as soon as we got back from our honeymoon.

Lisa Andel said...

Awesome Sparky. You actually got me to tear up with this one.

Twyla said...

Great song. I never watched the telethon...I was busy giving birth at the time. I'd love to see it though...even if it is 6 years later. I'm sure I could find most of the performances on youtube.
September 11th is a day that none of us will forget.

Jay said...

Impossible not to love U2, under any circumstances.

Christie O. said...

that song was pivotal for me in my 9/11 rememberance. i can't hear it without thinking about living in nyc back then. great choice!

The Rock Chick said...

Great choice for a 9/11 tribute post, Sparky!

Jessica

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

ty sparky...i covered the video and just listened...just seeing the words on the screen is painful