Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Seemed like a good idea at the time

I am buried in the California entry for the 50/50 blog feature. And when it comes to states, allow me to say that sheesh, California really does have a lot of people born within its boundaries. I have been clicking next page for an hour on IMDB and I am still at S in the actors list, so it might be a little while.

Now, when I mentioned last night about the dude across the street and the silent high five, etc, etc, etc, allow me to clarify in a more sober state. It was more a statement of hey man impressive, as opposed to running over and actually giving someone a physical high five. Looking back I am sure the post made me look a little bit like a bad ducky.

And "Walk of Shame" is an old college term for the Friday and Sunday early morning marches, usually more women then men, trying to get themselves out of sight before the dining halls opened. But, you gotta love Anndi's and Gal's take on it.

Anndi said...

Walk of shame? So what is she supposed to be ashamed of? She was smart enough to get what she needed without bringing him home... she can change her cell number.. does he move?

1
The Gal Herself said...

I'm with Anndi above. If I were Mrs. Duck, I'd be more offended by the phrase "walk of shame" than I would by you exhibiting your healthy heterosexuality. Do you honestly think that women don't do the same thing? I couldn't help but notice that my oldest friend's fella has really good arms. Our code name for him for ages was "Billy Big Arms


So, stay tuned for some California dreaming and also maybe a meme or two dozen, since that seems like the number of tags I have to make up for.

4 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Guess I ought to give my feminist badge back 'cause I didn't have a problem with what you said...

Valtool said...

Michelle Pfeiffer was born in California. Today her intergalactic bomb (yt somehow still appealing for the cheese factor) Grease 2 was on HBO a few times.

Being a fan of cheese, I like this movie and watched parts here and there today. Later I was browsing IMDB and decided to look her up and found to my surprise that I have seen 23 movies that she has appeared in!

I think Ladyhawke was the first time I saw her and it was a bad ass medieval kind of movie with a soundtrack scored by Alan Parsons.

Sweet Liberty was a bit of a sleeper, but it did have Alan Alda, Michael Caine, and Bob Hoskins in the cast.

Them there's Scarface, Tequilla Sunrise, Witches of Eastwick, Wolf, Batman Returns, The Prince of Egypt, The Story of Us, Deep End of the Ocean, To Gillian on her 37th Birthday, One Fine Day, Into the Night, Frankie and Johnny (second appearance with Pacino).

Bottom line, the woman has done a lot of good work in her career and she is still pretty hot!

The Gal Herself said...

Yes, SHG, you had better send that badge back before we come get it!

Cinnamon Girl said...

I didn't have an issue with it either but that is probably because I figured you realized the walk of shame was on a two way street :P