Sunday, August 26, 2007

I might be afraid of Virginia Woolf after all...

Rhian had this quiz over on her site and of course I just had to take it. Dammit if it did not read the whole my life on the inside thing. I think I may need therapy.






You're Mrs. Dalloway!

by Virginia Woolf

Your life seems utterly bland and normal to the casual observer, but
inside you are churning with a million tensions and worries. The company you surround
yourself with may be shallow, but their effects upon your reality are tremendously deep.
To stay above water, you must try to act like nothing's wrong, but you know that the
truth is catching up with you. You're not crazy, you're just a little unwell. But no
doctor can help you now.



Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.



And Andel, whose my girl, had some of these quizzes up. I do sound yummy.

You Are Smores

Unusual and unconventional, you make your strange ways work for you.
You've got personality - no one's denying that!


Your Mind is PG-13 Rated

Your mind is definitely a little dirty. You're naughty, but not trashy.
You don't shy away from a dirty joke, and you're clearly not a prude.

12 comments:

Anthony said...

I'm PG-13 and Smores, too.

I'm also The Invisible Man (by Ralph Ellison)
"Most of your life, people have either ignored you or told you that you were wrong. You've been duped, mistreated, misled, and neglected. Maybe it was because of your race, or some other uniqueness that people were quick to condemn, but now you just want to crawl into a hole and disappear. After all, nobody knows your name. But you just might speak for everyone."

Oddly enough, it's true.

rennratt said...

I'm "Confessions" by St. Augustine.

I am also Strawberries with Cream: Fresh and uncomplicated, you are always enjoyed but often overlooked.
You're confident in who you are. You don't need a facade to feel better about yourself.

For some reason, I am rated NC-17.

Great.

I am a boring, borderline perv that suffers from a guilty conscience.

Desert Songbird said...

I've done that book thing before.

I'm a Brownie (duh!): Decadent and intense, you aren't for the weak hearted.
Those who can deal with your strong flavor find out how sweet you really are.

Oh, and I'm PG-13 as well.

Sparky Duck said...

anthony-well that description really fits everyone. Though the combo of invisible man and smores, could be a problem. A weird everyman.

renn-somehow, you do not strike me as boring. Now the perv part I can see.

Sparky Duck said...

Songbird-but what book were you back then. Decadent, yep I buy it. And opinionated. I sort of hedged on the PG-13, did you?

Rhian said...

Dear Mr. PG-Duck... so Lisa gets to be your girl but i don't? just cuz i don't know sports, right? or am i not "shallow enough"? geez. errr - wait a sec - that sounds like a slam on Lisa - which it totally isn't! shit! sorry Lisa! Don't bring out the whip!

Sparky Duck said...

Hell, Rhian, your my girl too, but you have such a huge tribe of talented writers to take care of, I figured you would not even notice. Though your promotion did work some since I bought Anya's book today.

Lisa Andel said...

Rhian, you are in so much trouble!

Damn straight I'm his girl. Hell, I wouldn't be surpirsed if one day you woke up and found all of us over here with Mr. Duck. (Course he'd lose his PG rating if that happened ;)

A smore huh? Yummy indeed. :D

Rebecca said...

Hey, I got Smores too!

The Gal Herself said...

I took the book quiz, and, um, it scared me. Very accurate, and after so few questions. "Compassion Fatigue" … "You used to care, but now it's just getting too difficult. You cared about the plight of people in lands near and far, but now the media has bombarded you with images of suffering to the point that you just don't have the energy to go on. You've become cold and heartless, as though you'd lived in New York City for a year or so. But you stand as a serious example to all others that they should turn off their TV sets and start caring again." It's true. Sometimes I get so worn out and numb that I just don't care (earthquake in Peru, shooting at Virginia Tech, for example).

I don't know rather to thank you for the link or place a curse on your duck blind.

Sparky Duck said...

LOL, Gal, you really are a softie underneath. Or at least a person that wears her emotions on her sleeve. Thats a good thing, I think

Cinnamon Girl said...

NC-17 baby. /bow

And I got 100 years of Solitude for my book and

Tiramisu! Light and lovely, you pack a punch. You never overwhelm... but you always leave a lasting impression.