Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Wiki Meme

Way back, well sorta way back, the ever talented Wylie tagged me for a meme, the Wikipedia, birthday meme. I waited until Wyles came back to do it. But, this is helpful though because it means you will all know when my birthday is.

The rules, go to Wikipedia.org, type in your birthday in the search box, then list 3 events, two births and one holidy. Then tag some other folks.

My Birthday is October 5!



3 Events

1.1789 - French Revolution: Parisian women march to Versailles in the March on Versailles to confront Louis XVI about his refusal to promulgate the decrees on the abolition of feudalism, demand bread, and have the King and his court moved to Paris.

2.1953 - Earl Warren is sworn in as the 14th Chief Justice of the United States

3.2001 - Barry Bonds of the San Francisco Giants set a new mark for home runs in a single season, hitting his 71st and 72nd in a loss to the Los Angeles Dodgers.


2 Births


1.1902 - Ray Kroc, American fast food entrepreneur (d. 1984) Yep, the McDonalds Guy

2.1951 - Bob Geldof, Irish singer (The Boomtown Rats)

1 Holiday

1.Portugal - Republic Day, celebrates overthrow of the Monarchy in 1910, also on this day of 1143 Portugal was recognized as a country by the King of Spain Afonso IV.

And now I get to tag a few peoples, lucky you.

1.Tiff, because she always likes to get tagged.
2.Anthony because I think he will find this interesting.
3.ChristieO because she just tagged me.
4.Anyone else who hasn't been tagged by this one yet.

11 comments:

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Ah, Ray Kroc - what would the world be like today if he had not come along?

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

you and ray kroc share a birthday? well then i think you should get all the big macs you can eat whenever you want. it's only fair.

smiles, bee

Anndi said...

We're almost birthday twins... cool!

tiff said...

whee! I gots me some taggage.

Now, to remember it.....always a challenge for us ADD-

look! a puppy!.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Up All Night! Now I have the Rat's stuck in my head :P

Wylie Kinson said...

Now every time I eat at McDonalds or hear I Don't Like Mondays, I'm gonna think of you Sparky!

Valtool said...

Ah yes, I know the event very well involving Mr. Bonds as it was the night before my wedding and we (the guys) were bar-hopping through downtown Orlando and saw the record-breaker as it happened (while at a martini bar).

and, credit where do, Mr. Geldolf also was the brains behind Band Aid ("Do they know it's Christmas") and Live Aid, during which Phil Collins performed concerts on BOTH sides of the Atlantic on the same day, icluding the one in Philly at RFK stadium.

Anthony said...

julia: Then, Gino Marchetti would be a national icon...and I'd have a much harder financial burden in my retirement.

And yes, I did find it interesting. :)

Anonymous said...

You have the same birthday as my ex!

Anonymous said...

Awww..you are a libra.

Rebecca said...

The MeMe - a cure for bloggersblock :P

And I've never heard of The Boomtown Rats...