Sunday, July 01, 2007

Trader Joes is calling me

I am in a remarkably good mood today. I know part of it is because the sun is shining, the windows are open with a nice little breeze blowing through the house. Not only does it feel at least sort of summery, it also does a great job of saving on the Peco bill, win/win. Though if I was at the shore, I don't know if I would be all that thrilled with the coolness and the breeze.

We here in Chez Duck are quite dull. Yesterday was spent catching up on some TiVo, sorting through old mail and banking statements and the like and lots of shredding. I don't necessarily hate the paper shredder, I just sort of hate the way Mrs Duck is determined to shred everything. Ads, the little inserts in banking statements. Some envelopes. It began to grate on my nerves, like the continued drip drip drip on my forehead. But, it is for the best and again, at least for now, we are organized.

I want to get out and enjoy some of the afternoon, so what does that call for? A trip to Trader Joe's and Giant. See, I told you we are just exciting wild and crazy people. Apparently Mrs Duck is not that opposed since she is searching for certain Popsicles that are only available at the Joe. I'm continuing my quest for fried shallots for a recipe.

I am still reading The Greatest Story Ever Sold by Frank Rich. I know why it is taking me so long. Its very interesting, but it just pisses me off so much.

Its the start of the summer holiday weekend, and if you are landlocked and not hitting the sand like me, pop over to the Point Pleasant Beach cam and get some beach love.

10 comments:

rennratt said...

Pick up some Pinjur while at TJ! It goes great on pasta - with chicken!

Tilly Greene said...

Love Trader Joe's! Found out from my eldest niece that the college kids go there and wait for the bells to ring then they go and chow down on samples :-)

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

sarge does that too! shreds all the envelopes and all! i tell him there is not even an address, just a window, toss them, nope, he is so ocd about it, it all hits the shredder.

smiles, bee

Cinnamon Girl said...

Fry your own shallots! And now I really want out of this office. It is summery outside here as well.

Not that I am enjoying it here in cubical land =(

Desert Songbird said...

I'm due a trip to TJs for my weekly shopping. I'm just waiting for the sun to go down so that my orange chicken won't thaw before I get it home!

Anthony said...

Mrs. Duck sounds like a distant relative of Dwight Schrute. Don't hate the shredder - just unplug it.
:)

Yes, it was a magnificent day.

Anonymous said...

A trip to Trader Joe's sounds like fun. Like Songbird, I'll have to wait until the Sun goes down. It's getting to hot to do anything around here.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Glad Starr said it---just buy some shallots and fry them up dude.

Anonymous said...

Ooh Ooh! Grab me a carrot cake while you're there! They're delish!

Anonymous said...

I love Trader Joes. You reminded me to go tomorrow!