Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #44-The Fear One


Thirteen Things Sparky is Afraid of


Some of these things are things that I am pee my pants afraid of. Some of these are things that Phew, I will never do that again, afraid of. And some of these things are things that I am Oh My Goddess I can't believe that is something that exists afraid of. Now you will know what not to get me for my birthday.

1.Mice-Have a mouse run past your sleeping ahead along a wall and then have it make those squeak squeak noises from your closet in the middle of the night and tell me you aren't a wee bit frightened.

2.Bats-I think of them as just giant flying rats, even though my brain knows they are not even in the mouse family.

3.That Swinging Pirate Ship Ride- My brother and I were on one at the pier at Wildwood when we were wee ducks and the gate was not fully closed. There was a moment where we both thought we would fall out. I still avoid that right now.

4.Snakes-I have gotten over my fear of gardner snakes because they are so tiny, they are like giant worms, but anything else snake wise still skeeves me out.

5.That Blonde Columnist-Sometimes you just can not believe that someone that says things so vile and hateful, still has a contract to write books and columns in newspapers. Her name shall still not be typed here.

6.Flying/Landing-I used to be afraid of flying, but as the rest of the Duck family began to spread themselves across the country, I got more practice flying. I do not like the fact that I can not wear my Ipod during landings, because that is still the time I feel the hyperventilation sneaking up on me.

7.Making a Wrong turn in Trenton-It happened only once, and it is probably just something born out of growing up in NJ and hearing stories about how scary Trenton is, but I was taking a leisurely drive after work and ended up some how in the middle of what seemed to me to be a whole bunch of crack dens. Suffice it to say I did not stay at the red light long and my dress shirt was soaked.

8.Those folks on the movie Jesus Camp-I'm all for teaching young children religion, whatever religion there parents belong to, it is a good way to start to teach a child right and wrong. But, watch the movie sometime and tell me whether they maybe taking the religion thing a wee bit too far.

9.Frogs-I think they maybe be plotting to get me, because my father Tex was a biology teacher and the final project was dissecting frogs. They will get me to get even with him.

10.Big Dogs-as evidenced by the mention yesterday, I do not like some dog breeds. Dobermans and Pit Bulls are tops on my list. I think it is because I was a paper boy for 10 years and the areas I delivered in did not have the biggest houses, which means Fido lived outside and was none to happy about it and seeing me collecting.

11.Horror Movies-Not like Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street, they are lame now adays. Im talking Hostel and the Saw series. Talk about Nightmare in my mind after those gross things. I never watch em.

12.Professional Mixed Martial Arts-To me, it looks like Dog fighting with humans and you dont expect someone to die. Tell me why anyone would want to fight someone else in a metal cage type structure? Unless of course its Fight Club, THE MOVIE.

13.Drowning-In my nightmares, this is my scariest way to go. I think you know its happening which is even worse then something out of the blue.


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





39 comments:

Cinnamon Girl said...

Moths and Clowns...SHUDDER!

Shelley said...

I hear ya on that blonde lady...and on the jesus camp people. That movie terrified me.

I am afraid of clowns...I have no idea why, well....I do, but I know it's silly. Still...clowns creep me all the hell out.

My tt is up...and much less scary, I promise!

Twyla said...

Are you my long lost brother?

Cinnamon Girl said...

Ok THAT was freaky...I post about moths and guess what is flying around our cafe? A big huge THUMB sized moth =(

Sparky Duck said...

*shivers*

Robyn Mills said...

May not pee in my pants but spiders are not my fav things...

Malcolm said...

I can definitely relate to #10 and #13. As for the blonde columnist, I couldn't agree with you more.

Unknown said...

Im with you regarding drowning!! GOod list

Unknown said...

I spent a night in a mouse infested hall once. It was where I was supposed to be sleeping while I taught a drama camp. They were EVERYWHERE! I so hate them.

And heights. I can't go up ladders.

Wylie Kinson said...

Thanks for dredging up a few of my own personal nightmares!
For me it's butterflies/moths, drowning, fire, being in the back-seat of a two-door car and being trapped in a crowd. I loathe crowds.

Sparky Duck said...

Wylie-Crowds are one of Mrs Ducks huge fears, but I know part of that is a height thing, she only sees backs!

Shelley-Jesus Camp needs to be in the horror movie section of Blockbuster.

Schmoop said...

I hate clowns, but that drowning thing has always haunted me. I thnk it would be the worst way to go. Ai Yi Yi. Cheers Sparky!!

the Book of Keira said...

Okay... the freaky Jesus folk creep me the hell out. And also... I am also skeeved by a certain blond journalist but her name is Ann Coulter aka Skeletor.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Ditto on what we like the call the Jesus Crispies...that movie scared the hell (har) out of Kidlet.

And Skeletor...*snicker*

Sparky Duck said...

I have already mildly scolded 108 for typing that blasted name.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I sort of like bats -- when they're in a zoo or aviary and safely on the other side of a glass panel or something... they're kinda cool to look at and check out.

As for the rest... especially Trenton. My sister lived in Bucks County for a number of years. I got warned about Trenton.

Angela/SciFiChick said...

I actually like that Swinging Pirate Ship Ride, but I hate most of those other things on your list too..

Lady G~ said...

Great list! I don't do horror flicks either. Once I see something it kinda has a way of popping up in my mind again. Don't want that to happen.

I like the Swinging Pirate Ship ride. But it is a little scary.

Thanks for stopping by and visiting. Hope you have a blessed Thursday!

Penny said...

If you do not like bats, do I have a story for you. About dusk one hot summer night, my brother and I were out in our pool. He felt something land gently on his shoulder. Thinking it was just a bug of some sort. He reaches to swat it off as you would a small bug, but it wouldn't move. He looks over to see a bat SITTING right on his shoulder. It took us awhile before we wanted to swim at that time of night again...lol!

Rhian said...

whoa...the duck is commenting here... the world has ended. I had this brilliant response planned - the height of witty - but now i'm just stunned...shocked even.
Duck comments... unheard of.

Anonymous said...

I'm so with you on the mice thing.

Happy TT

Sparky Duck said...

Pen-Thank You, I will never leave my house after 9 in the summer without running now, perfect.

Rhi-Go type something would ya ;P Im sure Sven is lonely

The Gal Herself said...

Amazingly I am not afraid of any of those things. This cheers me up because I'm afraid of flying, of clowns, of squirrels, of flying clowns dressed as squirrels ... yet not of any of your 13. Makes me feel invincible. By the way, the scary blonde who inappropriately wears a black cocktail dress 24/7 is not who scares me. She's a marketing concept, a money-making machine. The people who buy her books -- now THEY scare me!

Anonymous said...

some of those scare me too - especially the Jesus Camp.

Happy TT, Lady Rose

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

add spiders and we have a deal!

smiles, bee

Anndi said...

Flying and landing I have no problem with.. in the words of the Great george Carlin.. it's CRASHING that scares the shit out me me...

You know, I had a pet bullfrog as a child... ;-p

Unknown said...

Great TT. For me its doctors and dentists, in fact just about anyone in a lab coat.
Ed

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, I've made wrong turns in Los Angeles, at night by myself. Scared the crap out of me.

And that Buccaneer ride,I am such a chicken I sit in the middle! No high flying for me.

Great list. Oh yeah, I'm scared of eight legged creepy crawly things too.

Anonymous said...

I once drove 95 through NJ and NY and lost ten years of my life.

I hope this post won't give me bad dreams.

Tink said...

I'm with you on the drowning, but I like most of the others, or at least am not afraid of those. i love horror movies, but my hubby hates them...
My TT is about full moon names.

Jenny McB said...

I am with Gal, it's the people who believe that blonde that are scary.

LOL about the frogs, I used to feed rats at MGH for a doctor that I worked with and I would go into the huge room with all these rats and say out loud," See, I am your friend...I am feeding you" So creepy.

Good list, it's fartastic.

Lisa Andel said...

I'll go with the snakes. I'd get a neighbor, if I had to, to get a snake for me.

Two Voices Publishing said...

I'm with you on the pirate ride - that thing freaks me out.

Tawnya Shields said...

This was a great T13. One of the best. For me it is clowns and parasites and things with tentacles. Blech! :o)

Ann said...

Great list. That blonde wench really needs...to get fired, or something. And I don't watch horror flicks so I would never see the Jesus freaks *shudders*. Happy TT.

Slackermommy said...

Mice, bats, snakes, swinging pirate ship and horror flicks send me running!

Rebecca said...

That's a good list, I share some of those (#11 for sure) and some make me think your kinda silly, I mean, frogs? Of course, you'd laugh me right outa the blogsphere if I ever divulged some of my more goofy fears.

Suprina said...

I am afraid of #1, and #13 as well.

Great TT!

Anonymous said...

That blonde columnist is the sort of person who not only would have tipped off the Nazis where Anne Frank and her family were hiding, but would have boasted about it afterwards.