Monday, July 02, 2007

Late Stop on the Poetry train

Ok, first a quik bit of housekeeping, mostly for Bond and Starr. Yes, I just fried the shallots myself and they actually had a good smokey flavor. So there!

Rhian is running another poetry train this week, though I am so so slow in getting this one posted. Heck I am slow at this and also the Manic Monday post. I would use golf as an excuse, but know that no one would buy it.

So, shuffle yourself over to Rhian the Creative Goddess and get some creative prose, poetry, stories and such, from many different and talented artists. Well, first read my contribution.

I am still on a Les Miserables kick, don't like it, click the X :)


FANTINE
Come with me
Where chains will never bind you
All your grief
At last, at last behind you
Lord in Heaven
Look down on him in mercy.

VALJEAN
Forgive me all my trespasses
And take me to your glory.

VALJEAN, FANTINE, EPONINE
Take my hand
And lead me to salvation
Take my love
For love is everlasting
And remember
The truth that once was spoken
To love another person
Is to see the face of God

4 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Damn you, Duck. Those lines always make me cry.

To love another person
Is to see the face of God.

How true. How amazingly true.

Gotta run; I need a tissue!

Lisa Andel said...

Hi Sparky, I'm more in tune with your Manic Monday, than the poetry train (even though I participate in the later, not the former).

I'd comment on the pres, and believe me, I have a host of complaints where his administration is concerned. But I'm not allowed. So I'll live vicariously through your outrage with him.

Rhian said...

Sparks- dude, this was beautiful.
Like Susan, i fall to my knees in praise of these lines:
"And remember
The truth that once was spoken
To love another person
Is to see the face of God"

Anonymous said...

I love that name...

Jean Valjean...

Funny, somehow I didn't take you as a Les Mis kinda guy!