The reasons I have found Dragon are varied and many actually. She is a member of the Monkey Barn, which is one of the snarkiest groups on the internet this side of Perez Hilton. She is always tweaking my pirate, piratess, blogging buccaneer friend Lady Jane Scarlett. And she is an excellent, excellent cook. I have made a few of her recipes and they always get rave reviews. This one got reviews beyond raves. Mrs Duck's coworkers were going to track me down to get the recipe after she shared her leftovers. And its a Dragon original, so this is all her hard work.
Dragon's Sausage and Potato Gnocchi
1 18 0z package of Potato Gnocchi
3 smoked pork sausages (turkey sausage works great too), sliced
1/4 cup of chopped onions (Hyperion, you can skip this part)
1 clove of garlic, minced
3 tablespoons of butter
pinch of hot pepper flakes (optional)
1/2 tablespoon of fresh thyme leaves
1/2 tablespoon of fresh oregano, chopped
1 cup of frozen peas, run under water to thaw
1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
salt & pepper to taste
1. Prepare the gnocchi according to package instructions.
2. While the gnocchi is cooking, heat up a skillet with 2 tablespoons of butter and add the sausage and onions. Cook until sausage is browned and onions are soft.
3. On medium heat, add the garlic, hot pepper flakes (optional), thyme and oregano. Cook for 1 minute or until the garlic is softened.
4. Drain the gnocchi, reserving a little of the cooking water. Add the gnocchi to the sausage mixture. Shake the skillet so the gnocchi doesn't stick. Its ok if the gnocchi browns a bit on the bottom.
5. Add the peas and remaining tablespoon of butter. Salt and pepper to taste. If needed, add a little of the cooking water to thin out the sauce.
6. Top with parmesam cheese. Let the cheese melt slightly before serving
picture courtesy of Dragon's Kitchen.
can you tell I just ate dinner?