First, just to let you know, the 50 States project will continue later on this afternoon.
I was tagged for a meme a few times, one time I know was by Tiff and then Wordnerd, to list 8 things that people in the blogosphere don't know about you. Now, since it took me forever to do this meme, I figure I would punish myself and make it 13 things. Twelve of these things will be true, one will be a lie. Can you guess which one is fake?
1. I will watch any kind of sport on TV but hockey. Hockey just does not translate to the TV set at least for me. This is a bold statement, because when I say anything I mean even the CFL, Womens Lacrosse and tennis over hockey.
2. I have an addictive personality. Which probably explains why I still smoke. I get into something and I just can't get out of it sometimes. Luckily, I also recognize my limitations, so I am not spending the rent money on vodka and the ponies.
3. I believe cats are good luck charms, or at least a spiritual center of mine. That explains my Bastet necklace and my Celtic Cat charm. Cats seem to love and trust me, no matter if its the first time I am meeting them or not. There has to be some reason they trust me that much.
4. I was raised a Catholic, baptised and confirmed, went to a Catholic high school and I don't consider myself a Catholic right now. I am more leaning toward the Wiccan beliefs. I have no problem with going to church, as long as it won't fall on my head. I just don't think the beliefs of the Church and myself see eye to eye anymore. Plus if I was 10 years younger, I would be Gothic.
5. I took piano lessons a few years ago and am disappointed that I stopped after only a few weeks because I could not get my left hand to work. Well, the left hand works, it just does not work well with my right hand when it comes to playing chords.
6. Mice scare me to death. Like scare me on the level of how some people are afraid of flying. They make my toes curl up, and I feel like I am hyperventilating. And this is when I see them running away from me outside. Inside, I just might pass out.
7. I fight the creeping of depression a lot. I think that can be fixed more by me turning things around in some parts of my life. But I can't do the pills, see #2.
8. Purple is my favorite color. I am talking a rich deep, eggplanty type purple. This explains I think why LSU was one of my favorite teams growing up and I still find myself pulling for the Bayou Bengals and Northwestern during the football season.
9. I surf. I don't consider myself an expert surfer, especially when it comes to comparing myself to surfers on the North Shore of Hawaii. However, surfing is one of those relaxing things that still gives you that rush of energy, even if it just off the Jersey shore.
10. I cry probably more then a man should. Now I am not saying I am a fountain or that I cry at the drop of a hat, but put me in front of Extreme Home Makeover or a sad sappy movie like Dreamer or Love Actually and I can feel that lump in my throat already. Sheesh and don't ask about the wedding.
11. I read all kinds of different books. My reading list runs from Biographies, to political books to sports books to paranormal romance novels. My current list has The Greatest Story Ever Sold, followed by the second by Colleen Gleason book, followed by a Jodi Picoult with one by Wylie or Tilly mixed in there. Oh and Rick Reilly too. See the reading list is nuts.
12. I am shy in public, at least when it comes to social situations. When I am in a spot that I should not even be uncomfortable in I still feel sweaty palms. When I am meeting some sort of friend for the first time, either a blogger buddy or some of Mrs Ducks friends, I spend the first half hour kind of stammering and stuttering. Not good if you only see folks for 15 minutes.
13. My brain keeps me up at night and its not even scary things that it is thinking about. It just gets on this cycle of trying to not forget something and it just keeps repeating it over and over and over again. Until I wake up and tell my brain to stop it and it actually does. odd eh?
Sheesh, looking at this list, its kind of depressing. I am not that much of a downer, its just that when you have over 700 posts, you already have shared that your are a cookbook junkie, a Ipod freak, a football fan, in love with the best lady in the world and bleed Democratic blue. or I havent and you just found that out too :)
Oh and no tags, it took me way to long to get this one done.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants