Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Pie Revolution continues

Starrlight was all a apopleptic because apparently there is too much cake being passed around as celebrations. She wanted some "pie love". Now if that is not a recipe for some racy comments, I don't know what is, but I have to be sure to keep up with the revolution, so the rebels don't run me over.






So, here is a recipe for a pie based out of Kentucky, but is not Derby Pie, since you can get sued for calling it Derby Pie. So, its Rebel Stakes Pie. Yea thats it, Rebel Stakes pie.


* 3 eggs, lightly beaten
* 1 c. light corn syrup
* 1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
* 1 c. chopped pecans
* 1/4 t. salt
* 1/2 t. vanilla
* 6 oz. package semi-sweet chocolate morsels
* 1 9 inch deep dish pie shell, unbaked

PREPARATION:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mix all ingrediaents and pour into pie shell. Bake for 10 minutes and reduce heat to 350 degrees for 35 minutes more. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream

7 comments:

Valtool said...

My top vote hass always been for Dutch Apple Crumb pie.

Pecan is a good second, though.

Anonymous said...

I'll take a slice of that, pie. A pie by any name would still taste sweet. MMmmmmmm....I love pecan pie, but with Chocolate, now that's what I call "Pie love"!!
Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Blog said...

Freaking MMMMMmmmmmmm! Doesn't even look that fattening. LOVE IT! Thanks!

Desert Songbird said...

Lots of pie love going on...

Jay said...

I just don't get the pie thing. People seem to appreciate it when I make it, but it seems like such an ordinary, humble dessert to me. I guess I'm not a desserty person anyway, but if I'm making it, I want it to have flair!

Jenny McB said...

What, Jay doesn't get the pie thing??? I love pie, except Salmon pie with white sauce on it..yuck!

But your recipe looks rich and yummy, more like a cookie in a crust. Going to go copy it now to my recipe file. Thank you.

Cinnamon Girl said...

OFMG! DERBY PIE OWNZ!

I have not had it in ages. YUMMY!

And thanks for pie!!