Monday, June 18, 2007

Getting on the Poetry Train

Rhian has been running this little poetry train over on her blog and it has gotten some really great participation from alot of authors who are so much more creative than me. In that vain, rather then doing something original that would sound like dog poop, well sound like dog poop coming out, I figured I would share some amazing words from The Killers. I find my inspiration and some of the most creativeness in music and lyrics.

And sometimes you close your eyes
and see the place where you used to live
When you were young

They say the devil's water, it ain't so sweet
You don't have to drink right now
But you can dip your feet
Every once in a little while

You sit there in your heartache
Waiting on some beautiful boy to
To save you from your old ways
You play forgiveness
Watch it now here he comes

He doesn't look a thing like Jesus
But he talks like a gentleman
Like you imagined when you were young
(He talks like a gentlemen, like you imagined when)
When you were young

I said he doesn't look a thing like Jesus
He doesn't look a thing like Jesus
But more than you'll ever know

6 comments:

Lisa Andel said...

Makes more sense to me than some of the other stuff I've read today.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

I like the opening part best:

"And sometimes you close your eyes
and see the place where you used to live
When you were young"

I do that often, myself. Thanks for posting these lyrics. I enjoy it when Poetry Train riders share favorite poems.

Rhian said...

Loved this:
"They say the devil's water, it ain't so sweet
You don't have to drink right now
But you can dip your feet
Every once in a little while"

ps - i take it when you said you "threw something up" after reading my poem, you meant this and not vomit, huh? Sounds like Lisa is still rinsing her mouth out, the wench.

Joy Renee said...

Killer. (i think that's a synonym for 'awesome')

wanted an idea how this might sound so followed the link. watched the music vid of For Reasons Unknown. like the group's sound. its hard to pin down what it is tho. i think they aren't sure themselves. cross between tuxedo jazz lounge and buckskin beer joint; or mixed-drink bling vx. beermug rings.

anyway i liked it so thanx for introducing me to something new. the surrealism in the video was also intriguing.

thanx for stopping by my poem

Anonymous said...

I'm late to the poetry train party this week; I posted my poem as part of a tag - you know, trying to be everything to everyone. :)

Loves the lyrics: especially -

You sit there in your heartache
Waiting on some beautiful boy to
To save you from your old ways
You play forgiveness
Watch it now here he comes

Hope you're having a great week! XINE

Christie O. said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SONG!!!!!!