Friday, June 15, 2007

Blog Poke

And when I say poke, I mean the Poke that you can eat in Hawaii and not the other kind of poke, you sickos! Poke is a thrown together fish dinner on the islands, though its one of the few things that we actually did not get to eat out there.

Moving on, before I get really hungry, it seems that I actually have to talk about everything that I mentioned, terrific.

Lets get the sports out of the way first. The US Open is this weekend in mens golf and it is up in Pittsburgh. Its supposed to be at one of the hardest courses in the country and so far Oakmont is living up to its reputation. Turns out, it wasn't Chris Daughtry that was the first round leader, but it was Nick Dougherty of England. And Anthony is right, he does look like a bit of a pretty boy. The way the second round is going though, I do not think we will be seeing his name up on the top of the heap after day two. Of course, what do I know about golf really, since I think I would have trouble breaking 200.

So, sports over with, we move on to Mrs Duck and her injured knee. She probably just bruised it or something, because when I was pressing down on her ligaments and such, she never recoiled in pain. But, yesterday she was pretty much laid up, possibly bored out of her mind. She says she hurt herself while looking for something underneath her desk. I say, sue the company then! But, she must be feeling a bit better, because as I speak she is outside sweeping. She gets bored very easily. But the walk six blocks from the train station to the office might have taken her hours or even days, so she wastes another sick day. That actually could be why she feels bored actually, since she has to get something accomplished somewhere.

We decided to skip the neighborhood picnic get together yesterday, mostly because the wife was worried about standing there in pain. But, typical of this place we rent from, anything they try to do usually ends badly. Like yesterday, the weather has been close to gorgeous or at least warm for the last 2 weeks, well except yesterday. It was grey, windy and about 65 degrees. Not exactly picnic weather. But, no matter, its not like we paid for our hot dogs and hamburgers. On second thought, we probably did or at least will in a beverage based rent hike.

On the workfront, I am back into another interview on Monday. Please, no wishing me good luck though, since this will be a recurring theme throughout the blog, so you would have to be wishing me luck every week or so. After a while that gets old and I am sure some of ya'all would be saying, "sheesh, Sparky can't interview worth a damn." Every time I get a call to come in, I am hit by this internal feeling of should I or shouldn't I. I always seem to find the bad things about a job, as opposed to the good or positive things. I usually work it all out in my head, though Mrs Duck certainly sped up the process yesterday with her pep talk. Eventually, it broke down into a nice way of saying "get your butt a job!"

Well, there ya go, nothing really that exciting. When you are a blogging duck, things do seem to get slow at times. Oh, as for dumping my brain, I think that happens almost everytime I start typing at this laptop. Though Tiff did tag me for a meme last week, I may have to dump that all over the screen soon.

And no, I am not trying to get pregnant!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish Mrs. Duck a speedy recovery!

Twyla said...

I thought you meant Poke...like on facebook. Oops, sorry. Didn't mean to mention the f-word again.
Hope Mrs. Duck feels better soon. :-)

Valtool said...

I remember King of Prussia Mall, back when that area was about 10% as developed as it is now. Don't want to go anywhere near there.

Mr. Duck, watch your mail beacuse today or tomorrow you will be receiving a package from down South.

You mentioned sports yet failed to mention the recent brilliant successes of the Phillies! Swept the Braves, swept the Mets, and swept the ChiSox and are now ahead of Atlanta in the NL East (by one half game)

Tilly Greene said...

Humph, poor Mrs Duck...nothing worse than not being able to do anything! Her feathers must be standing on end...and yet she still managed to make you feel good about the "thing".

But you do do cranky very well :-)

Jay said...

Glad to hear the plethora -

Poor Mrs. Duck. We really don't appreciate our knees until we crawl under a desk and things go to hell.

Erin said...

Lot's of random thoughts in that head of yours today!! First, please tell Mrs. Duck hope she heals up soon :)

And - don't worry about getting a job just yet, no matter how much Mrs. Duck wants you to get one. Tell her that I would have no one to converse with about OLTL!! Wait, you'd probably Tivo it, lol.

By the way, are you watching today's show? Like, does everyone on this show sing?? I've never seen so many kids and adults sing so much in my life on one show and I did my research, everyone who sang actually sang in real life. Huh... makes you want to go to a broadway musical or something.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Dear Mrs. Duck...feel better and tell Sparky to stop pushing your ligaments...

Get a job!

Chris Daughtry playing golf!!! LOL, his wallet and chain (so 80's btw) would get all intertwined in his swing and he could hurt himself...

Enjoy your weekend...

So, I hope YOU at least walked over and got Mrs. Duck a burger!

Anthony said...

Old Nick slipped to a tie for 13th. Some pretty good players ahead of him - and even better ones behind him, so hair-gel boy is doing OK.

I hope Mrs. Duck's knee is feeling better. Knees are pretty strange joints, and badly designed, which is probably why they are so easily injured.

Desert Songbird said...

Yo, Sparky - get pregnant or get a job! Oh wait, if you got pregnant, that WOULD be a job...

Cinnamon Girl said...

Dude if you were pregnant you wouldn't need a job. You would be an instant celeb :P

I hear you on the interview. I actually applied for a different position. I am not sure why other than I like to interview at least once a year. Not sure I want a non plebian position again. I like being a serf :p

Anonymous said...

Did you really want to try poke? Most visitors stay away from that nasty looking stuff. LOL!

Hope Mrs. Duck's knee is back to normal soon!