Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Nature's Alarm Clock

I really can not decide which might have been worse at 5 AM this morning.

-Mrs Duck clanking around the bedroom suffering from some indigestion. (ok, not the worst thing, really like a little jingle of fairy wings in comparison to other sounds)

-The cats, who we just paid another extra deposit for because we were caught having them, running up and down the stairs with a frantic pace. Their little legs also sounded like they were a herd of elephants thundering around downstairs.

-The Canadian geese, who have decided to find the patch of grass just outside our window to be to their liking. Its almost like they were milling around the Port Authority waiting for the Goose Bus to come by.

I vote for the geese, because I have absolutely no control over their noise. Mrs Duck will feel better and I can go down and yell, wait no, not yell, but sternly speak with Bettina and Lola. The geese just like to mock me.

6 comments:

Twyla said...

Oh god...geese are SO loud. We have seagulls around here waking us up every morning as soon as the sun rises. And crows too. I freakin' hate them. Too bad they're protected birds...I swear I'd shoot every last one of them. The seagulls, not the geese. :-P

Tug said...

HONK HONK........ hee.

Our garbage truck somes around 7 or so. On Saturdays. asshats.

Anonymous said...

Geese are loud as hell! My neighbor had one as a pet (don't ask, total wack job) and it was the most annoying thing on the planet. I don't mind them mulling around a lake, but right under your bedroom window is another story! I feel your pain.

Hope Mrs. Ducky feels better soon. I too am all clogged up, so I feel her pain as well!

Anthony said...

OK, so my Inquirer smashes the siding at 4:30. So, I should have a goose outside instead?
The cat does enough of the 'startled amazement' to suit me.

Desert Songbird said...

Ooo, I hate Canada geese. I can hear them honking right now, and the lake is DOWN THE BLOCK from my house! Dirty, nasty, stinking birds...

Valtool said...

Here in the north Atlanta suburbs we have a group that ranges from 2 to about 30 Canadian geese year-round. They tend to just take up space in the parking lot, but you can hear them pretty well while taking order in the drive-thru. I hear them and am always inspired to find a shotgun cuase I swear somebody just yelled, "Pull!"