Friday, May 25, 2007

Mostly Sunny, Slight Chance of Meme

I was tagged by the Gal over at One Gal's Musings. Well, what else would the blog be called, Jeff's Restaurant? Anywho, I am buried under meme tags actually, but since I got this one first, its the first one on the docket.
So, a meme about Me!


What were you doing 10 years ago?

I was doing what a kid fresh out of college usually does, working on making my life work in some sort of an adult way. I had a job that looked like it might lead to a career (idiot that I was) and a girlfriend, who I may or may not have been engaged to. Sometimes you try to put some things straight out of your mind. 10 years ago I did not picture myself divorced, married for a second time, out of work in another state then the one I was living in at the time. Whirlwind, eh?

What were you doing 1 year ago?

One year ago, we were in the last throws of preparing for our wedding. Memorial Day weekend was our last sort of free weekend, because the things that could be prepared were done, and the last minute details that could not be done yet were still waiting. So, it was a simple family picnic and sleeping late. My, how fast a year has flown by!

Five snacks you enjoy:
1.Cool Ranch Doritos
2.Thai Peanuts from Trader Joes
3.Those fruit snacks that come in the shapes of Nemo and Spider-Man
4.The occasional grape
5.Little Debbie snack cakes, especially the brownies or the oatmeal pies

Five songs that you know all the lyrics:
This one is a hard one.

1.The National Anthem
2.Actually, two national Anthems since I know O'Canada as well
3.Over my Head by The Fray
4.Poison by Bell Biv Devoe
5.Galileo by the Indigo Girls

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:

1.Pay off all my debts as well as the debts of Mrs Duck
2.a month in Maui
3.Donations to the Shriners Childrens Hospital and Action Aids
4.a house, or two. We so want a house.
5.Eagles and Phillies season tickets, gooood Eagles and Phillies tickets

Five bad habits:


1.cigarettes (though I don't think its bad yet)
2.procrastination
3.run on sentences
4.Judge Judy
5.not finishing laundry-I am great at starting it, but awful at folding and putting it away.


Five things you like doing:


1.Cooking
2.Reading all sorts of books
3.Sleep
4.Visiting a new place or location
5.watching football, any kind of football, even those awful games called NFL Europa

Five things you would never wear again:
Yea, thats me, a fashionista

1.plaid pants, luckily my mom cant find the picture
2.those Members Only jackets
3.tighty whiteys
4.anything showing support for the NY Yankees (i had a Yankee satin jacket when I was younger, before I got smart)
5.Those Ocean Pacific graphic T-Shirts

Five favorite toys:

1.Laptop
2.Ipod
3.my wok
4.TiVo
5.my digital camera, its so much better then the last one I had


And Now for the important stuff...

INSTRUCTIONS:
Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so:

-The Blog, yep, the blog
-Dogs Eye View
-Inside Mo's Mind
-One Gal's Musing
-Philly Transplant

OK, I think, looking over some of the other posts, that I am supposed to tag 5 people. And since I have not seen this one floating around my groups of blogs I frequent, that should be easy.

1.Wordnerd
2.Tiff
3.Ms Congeniality
4.Lady Jane Scarlett
5.anybody else who wants to let the world know more about themselves.

11 comments:

tiff said...

this'll be perfect for Tuedsay's blog start! thanks!

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Yay! I get me a tag! :)

Desert Songbird said...

Dang, I love those Little Debbie oatmeal cream pies. Deadly those are...

I'm with you on the laundry thing. I can't stand folding them - I get the kids to put away their own clothes, though.

The Gal Herself said...

Another procrastinator! So far, every response to this meme that I've read (including my own) includes that one. I love Judge Judy, too, though Judge Alex is coming on strong because he looks so good and clean and pure and true -- like Dick Tracy come to life. Thanks for doing this.

Unknown said...

This was fun..I may want to do this..Ya know, regarding my poker post.. What I love about blogging and new friends is that although we may not share the same beliefs we can all find something we have in common...

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I happen to be a Hostess guy myself...
Learned about you today Sparky.. goos stuff... well except the Yankee thing...

Valtool said...

I wasn't tagged by Sparky Duck, but I did the survey anyway!

www.valtool.blogspot.com

Erin said...

they aren't fruit snacks, they are gummi bears in the shape of spiderman, dora, and dinosaurs, with fruit in their name - just thought I shoudl inform you of that, lol

Hyperion said...

Bel Biv Devoe....Now there are some memories. Few remember where they actually got their start.

But dissing the OP t-shirts?

I curse thee!

May your balls get chewed off by underage chipmunks, so that you will not only have no balls, but be considered a pervert by the community.

Anonymous said...

Now that's a curse!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the last person.

Excellent curse! Best thing I've ever read on this site!