Thursday, April 05, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #29-The San Diego One


Thirteen Pictures from the Duck Honeymoon
The San Diego Part.

A few weeks back Arewethereyetmom took a trip to San Diego, a gaggle of kids and no husband, by car no less. So, when she shared pictures, I told her I would show her mine sometime. Sometime has finally arrived. I know I have posted one or two of these pictures before, but its my finest San Diego snaps.

1…san diego 001
It Didnt feel like June Weather

2.san diego 002
yes I took this one because it was the best shot I could get of Petco Park. I'm such a guy.

3.san diego 003
We did have a great view from our hotel.

4.san diego 004
The closest we got to the water in California.

5.san diego 006
Downtown in Twilight.

6.san diego 015
Now I see why they look so grumpy, because they are!

7.san diego 020
Had to get this one while flying by in a tour bus. I guess thats the only way to get that close.

8.SunBear
Living La Vida Loca!

9.san diego 044
Of course i included a duck picture :)

10.san diego 035
Highlight of the San Diego Zoo

11.San Diego Panda
If you are the highlight, you get more then one picture shared, right?

12.san diego 046
Though this is one of my favorite shots

13.san diego 048
Adios, San Diego



Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





31 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm first. Do I get a prize. Love the pics. Esp. the hippo. I would blow it up and frame it.

Did you get snow in philly?

Unknown said...

Those are all awesome.Looks like you had a great time..We love pandas! The DC zoo has a live camera feed on it site..its pretty cool

Chelle said...

The picture of the panda cracked me up. He's just kicked back and relaxing. Great photos!

Mama's Moon said...

Great pix! I love the one of the panda - looks like he's just maximizing his relaxation ritual. Too cute!!! Don't worry, my Hubby would probably have a million shots of the Giants' stadium if I let him have the camera...

Akelamalu said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Great pictures, was that duck really that colour or is it a trick photograph?

Stine said...

Thanks for visiting! Like the beasts!

Tink said...

I love the animal pictures, esp. the hippo and the Panda!
Thanks for visiting my oracle TT.

Maven said...

When you get a chance, email me a list of things to do in San Diego. I'll be going there on vacation sometime towards the end of summer...

Anonymous said...

WOW!Thanks Sparky for sharing.It's about time!LOL! Those are some very beautiful pics. The hippo one really made me smile. And of course the Duck one was my favorite!

Happy Thursday!

Tilly Greene said...

Love love love the San Diego zoo...and I'm not a fan of them. Every time you go around a bend you find something new! Hmmm, bad weather though. Ummm, Petco Stadium? I guess it's interesting...yup, it must be a guy thing :-)

Oh, to make a Kir Royal for Mrs Duck, pour a glass of champagne and drop in a splash of cassis, lovely!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Hippos! Cool!

Neat pictures. One day, I'll get out to San Diego. One of my friends tried to talk us into moving out there a few years back. No regrets for staying here, lovely as you make there seem...

Happy TT!

Darla said...

Oh, I love underwater hippos. It always reminds me of Fantasia. Looks like a great trip!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great trip. Love the panda! :)

Michelle
http://www.michellepillow.com/authorblog/

Two Voices Publishing said...

Love the panda pic! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Dragon said...

San Diego is one of my favourite cities in the world. Great photos!

JAM said...

Never been to S.D., but I changed planes at LAX one time. That's as much of California I've ever seen.

I'd have spent my time looking out over that view from your room. Nice.

Great panda and hippo photos. The hippo appears to be smiling.

kuanyin333 said...

Having lived in San Diego, this was like old home week! Happy TT! I'm celebrating my 300th post today...come on over to pay a visit to my senior blog citizen! :-)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I especially loved the pictures of the pandas and the elephants.

Happy TT, and thanks for visiting my blog! :)

Blog said...

Awwwww!PANDA! LOVE! I haven't been to San Diego since I was a kid. Would love to go back. Thanks for the great pics! :)

Desert Songbird said...

Haven't been reading you long enough to realize you were still a newlywed (though I suspected as much from the various wedding posts). San Diego is a great city, and the climate is near perfect. We love going to the zoo. We've taken that bus tour, too, and I also have photos taken from the bus because it was as close as we were able to get. I'm glad we did the bus; the zoo is so huge, and it's difficult to see it all in one day.

Kimo and Sabi said...

Was them animal from da S.D. zoo? We loves da zoo!

Valtool said...

As my wife likes to say, "I saw pandas!" Nice shots, you'll need to check a late update on my blog for Thursday for a way to visit Lord Stanley and of course the Friday Flashback!

Jen said...

OMG--that Panda picture is amazing. You either have a great camera or were really close.

We are planning a trip to the National Zoo in DC to see the Pandas next week. Can't wait!!

Slackermommy said...

very cool! Love the panda one!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Terrific photos! :) I really like all the photos from the zoo, especially the Panda. :)

Thanks for visiting!

Rhian said...

really like the scaffolding/ construction shots as tied to sights on a honeymoon. That's kinda warped in a wonderful way.

Unknown said...

I love your pictures. This is a great idea. I may have to do this next week with my Test The Nation pictures. :)

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Wonderful pictures! I went to San Diego once, over 20 years ago, and just had a cheap camera and took very few photos. These are great :) Maybe one day I'll get to go back and now that I have a digital, watch out baby!

Anonymous said...

LOL, we just got back from a huge San Diego/Anaheim vacation. We did Sea World, The SD Zoo, Balboa Park & 3 days @ Disneyland... it was CRAZY but I loved it, even if my feet didn't!

Irish Church Lady :) said...

Great photos of the zoo. The Panda one is just excellent. What a cool bear!

Anonymous said...

Some day I'm going to make it to SD - if only to crash on an old friend's couch...

Panda's are the whole reason I need to get my butt back to Memphis soon though.