Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The Ive Been to the Mountaintop speech

Desert Songbird reminded me of this today, and I must admit that I am a tad ashamed that I did not remember it for myself. But, today is the day that Martin Luther King Jr was assassinated in 1968. My words can not even do his actions justice, so I won't bother. But, for oratory prowess, while everyone knows the I have a Dream Speech, to me, I've Been to the Mountaintop, delivered on April 3, 1968, in Memphis was his pinnacle.



(editors note:the pictures are just pictures, close your eyes and just listen)

1 comments:

Desert Songbird said...

Thanks, Sparky. I don't think I've heard this in its entirety, at least not in my adult life.

I'm glad he didn't sneeze, either, but how sad that he ended up leaving us too early anyway.