Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Can't Even get a Catchy Title

Nothing that would give anything like whats happening in Blacksburg, Virginia any kind of description. How many times can you say tragic, heartbreaking, sad?

If you have ever spent any time at a college or university in the United States beyond a trip to the football stadium, you can picture exactly how this happened. At least from the standpoint of security. It would be impossible to check every person walking into a college classroom building. I know at Delaware, many of the major halls were made to be cut thrus to get out of the elements. And, it was simple to sneak into a dorm, just wait for a pizza delivery, student with laundry, or a late class and voila. You also know that no matter how big the school is, their is someone that always knows someone on campus when something this senseless happens. So, while the security force and police department at the University might have some blame, lets just be sure to blame the real bad guy, the crazy kid who decided to shoot up 50 people.

VaTech has always been a pretty little school, a school that I always kind of followed along the sporting seasons. The campus is very pretty, reminds me a lot of Delaware, in the fact that it has lovely stone eddifices and it is the major center of the town it is in. Though it is close to unfathomable to truly understand.

Hokies

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I went a small, private college in TN. I have no words for what happenned. the more I think about yesterday, the more sad I become

Unknown said...

I went a small, private college in TN. I have no words for what happenned. the more I think about yesterday, the more sad I become

Desert Songbird said...

Butler University's campus looks much like the photos I've seen of the VaTech campus. The big exception being Butler sits is a large city, whereas VaTech is in a small college town.

While I was at Butler last week, I was ruminating on how beautiful the campus is, but also how "accessible" it is. That does little to promote a sense of security.

Anthony said...

Catchy titles aren't necessary.

I'm tired of seeing his stupid face and those pictures of him with the hammer and gun. I don't think anyone (dead or alive) should be glorified on the TV after something like this.

Showing his face isn't going to bring those people back.

Sarge Charlie said...

I was disgusted with the media, the immediate goal was to find someone to blame, there is only one person to blame.