Thursday, March 29, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #28-The Cartoon One


Thirteen Cartoons Sparky used to Watch


Cartoons were a bigger deal in my childhood growing up on afternoons after school as opposed to Saturday morning, probably because our parents made sure that my brother and I were pretty active on Saturdays. But, some great shows still stick out in my head.



1….Laff-a-Lympics:A cartoon all star festival from the late 70s. A great mix of sports and cartoon!

2.The Superfriends: A dumb downed version of the justice league. only complaint for me were the wonder twins, who came around in later versions. A bucket of water is not going to stop an evil villian!

3.The Transformers:Later on in life I figured out it was just a big commercial for the toys themselves.

4.Spiderman:An after school ritual!!

5.The Smurfs: who knew they were around since the 60s. Though Mrs Duck always asks why there was only one girl smurf.

6.The Great Space Coaster: not necessarily a cartoon, but I dare you to not remember gary gnu or to get the theme song out of your head once you hear it.

7. The Flintstones: Yes, they were a take off on the Honeymooners. But I was a kid, how would I know anything beyond yabba dabba doo.

8.Battle of the Planets: I had to get up at like 6:30 A.M. to watch it, but as a kid, this was my favorite favorite. Reminds me of Andromeda now.

9.The Jetsons: where are my flying cars???!!??

10.GI Joe:Another big half hour commercial, but i was a boy. So, Yo Joe!

11.JabberJaw: I just realized that i saw this one in reruns, since their is no way I would remember a cartoon from 1976. Still, who doesn't love a guitar playing shark?

12.Bugs Bunny:A classic! A necessity for every child growing up. Though I was a huge fan of the Daffy Duck/Bugs Bunny combo episodes. "I'm rich, I'm rich, I'm a wealthy miser!"-Daffy

13.Family Guy: The one cartoon I still watch now. Mrs Duck hates it, but I can get her to watch for Stewie.

Don't Forget about the Book Giveaway thats on the little sidebar and I hope these cartoons brought back some memories!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent list. As a female, I didn't watch them, but I can see why transformers and GI Joe would be on your list!

Twyla said...

Awww...I am EXTREMELY disappointed that you didn't list 'Master's of the Universe' (He-man), but maybe that was after your time. LOL
It was one of my favourite shows...that and 'She-ra'. :-)

Rhian said...

I can remember being really little and watching Felix the Cat - oh and Rocky and Bullwinkle. I thought Natasha was the coolest.

TeaMouse said...

Cartoons rock! I remember smurfs, the Flintstones - good times

Blog said...

SMURRRRRRRFS! LOVE!

Peg said...

Wonder Twins power--activate!

Jane Stop this Crazy thing!

Spiderman, spiderman, does whatever a spider can...

Transformers...more than meets the eye! (or was that the commercial for the toys??)

See--you're bringing me right down memory lane.

We used to also watch, Mighty Mouse...on the sea or on the land, he has the situation well in hand!

And, while not a cartoon, the Brady Bunch was on three times each weekday afternoon!!

OK, I'll hush up now--this is your list! ;)

Anonymous said...

Still like the Flintstones...

Chelle said...

I never understood the purpose of The Wonder Twins, either :)

Stephanie said...

I'm kind of disappointed I didn't see any Johnny Quest (which was actually pretty old when I was little!) Or Scooby-Doo!

JAM said...

Sadly, I'm old enough to remember Jabber Jaws' first run.

I love me some Looney Tunes. Rabbit season! Duck season!

I looked forward to flying cars too, now I'd just like regular care that's under five years old.

Unknown said...

I watched most of these as well! And I'm definately a girl ;). Transformers, GI Joe, Thundercats, they were all great. I had no idea the smurfs had been around that long.

There's no gnuews, like good gnuews, with Gary Gnu!

Two Voices Publishing said...

Battle of the Planets was my favorite! I still miss Keyop and 7-Zark-7. SIGH.

Tilly Greene said...

The Flinstones and Jetsons were magic! I love them and wanted Judy Jetson's hair :-)

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Great list of cartoons! I've watched them all except for Family Guy. Brings back good memories :)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I DO like the way you think. But no Thundercats? *snicker*

My kids and I still watch Justice League. Totally one of my all-time faves.

Happy TT, my friend!

(and no, no cigarette packs on Mitchell's desk; he quit smoking the night he had his first date with Kerri. Aww. Romantic.)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh yes, my behind could often be found in front of the tv after school as well.
Great list!

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Nice list, but did you ever watch Voltron?? The LIONS Voltron, not the CARS.

Christie O. said...

it's the great space coaster get on board!!! loved that!!! was a big fan of voltron too!

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a frog! No, it's Underdog! He was my favorite.

Anthony said...

I used to be on the Mrs. Duck side of "Family Guy". Until I started watching the repeats. Now, I hate to miss it.

Nothin' in the world better than Bugs and Daffy. "I'm a coward, but I'm a greedy coward!"

Started buying The Flintstones DVDs because they don't seem to run them on the TV anymore. I thought that's what the Cartoon Network was supposed to do?

Irish Church Lady :) said...

Flintstones and Bugs Bunny are my favs. Family Guy I catch from time to time. What about the Simpsons??

Irish Church Lady :) said...

P.S. You brought back a nice childhood memory. Saturday at 4 or 5 the Bugs Bunny Road Runner Hour used to come on. What a happy time that was!!

Wylie Kinson said...

Oh, the Jetsons! I really thought that by the time I grew up, we'd be living like George & Judy. Bummer.

Great list! Thanks for the memories...

Tink said...

I love cartoons! My favourite will always be Tom & Jerry.

Anonymous said...

I loved Superfriends and Scooby Doo.

Great list.

Anndi said...

Stewie for President!

Excellent post!

Liz Hill said...

Love Bugs and Flintstones and Family Guy! "effin cry" LOLOL Stewie gets away with the naughtiest stuff!

Excellent post except for you making me read that damn Duke UK thing again *giggling*

Thanks for stopping by my TT