Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #26-A second NCAA One

First, some quick housekeeping. Friday is the deadline for Sparky's Match Game contest, scroll down to see the pictures. $10 is nothing to sneeze at.

Also, be forewarned, March Madness seems to do some strange things to people.


Thirteen Plus Three Of Sparkys Sweet 16 Teams


So its one of those bonus lists. Anthony of My Sick Mind posted his and now I am posting mine. We have a gentlemans wager, though I dont think we ever decided exactly what we are wagering on. Plus, this is a Public Service Announcement for all of you who are going to fill in brackets today without a clue as to what you are doing. Of course, you need to decide whether you should follow me or do the exact opposite.

1.UNC Tar Heels-East number one seed. Beware the masked man.

2.Texas Longhorns-East number four seed. Durant pulls a Carmelo Anthony, even though Rick Barnes is a horrible coach.

3.Washington State Cougars-East seed #3. Weird style of play and alot of seniors. Plus, Wazzu is a neat name

4.Georgetown Hoyas-East Seed #2. A Ewing and a Thompson cause havoc in the Tournament again.

5.Ohio State Buckeyes-South Seed #1. Celtics and Sixers get a preview of the number one pick, Greg Oden.

6.Tennessee Volunteers-South Seed #5. I love the press, and how many coaches would paint themselves orange?

7.Texas A&M Aggies-South Seed #3. Learn the name Acie Law IV, your gonna hear alot of it.

8.Memphis Tigers-South Seed #2. They get less respect then Rodney Dangerfield.

9.Florida Gators-Midwest Seed #1. The most unlikeable team in the tournament, I will be rooting against them, but they are that good.

10.Old Dominion Monarchs-Midwest seed #12. This years George Mason.

11.Oregon Ducks-Midwest Seed #3. The Ducks can shoot and have one of the best backcourts, even though the school wanted to fire there coach.

12.Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets-Midwest Seed #10. A pick because I hate the way both Wisconsin and UNLV play.

13.Kansas Jayhawks-West Seed #1. A very experienced team, a bit erratic, but too many good guys that can play together.

14.Virginia Tech Hokies-West Seed #5 Im Hokie crazy.

15.Pittsburgh Panthers-West Seed #3. A stifling defense, even if they cant score, themselves. (well im sure they "score" off the basketball courts)

16.UCLA Bruins-West Seed #2. Finalists last year and most of the team is back.

Okay, My final Four Picks?
Florida, Georgetown, Texas A & M and UCLA. Champs? Texas A&M. I believe in Acie Law!

Sorry for all the Sports stuff.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





23 comments:

Carmen said...

Ok, this Wahoo is upset at the Hokies being on your list, but not the Hoos. :) Actually, I'm just hoping we don't embarrass ourselves.

Darla said...

Heh. You can tell I don't pay much attention to sports--my first reaction was to double-check which sport it was. *wincing*

It was much more exciting when we lived in the States, in a college town. THEN I paid attention. :)

Tilly Greene said...

Okay, confession time, Basketball is my least favorite sport, and I love sports! I'll still make a pick - Da Bruins for the champs.

Anonymous said...

Happy thursday. I would like to write something wonderfully intelligent here about the teams. But, no can do. I am clueless about what is happening in the sports world. That is unless some superstar athlete gets arrested and it is on my TV 24/7. Then i might know what is happening. ;)

Knitting Maniac said...

Here's how *I* think it will go down:

OSU and Florida in a rematch National Championship game, but OSU will WIN this one. They need to vindicate the football team's loss last year.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm... well, i'm not a basketball fan... lol. the DH is and I'm ready for April now.

Anonymous said...

College basketball is one of my favorite sports; unfortunately, I haven't kept up with it this year. This list was great for catching me up.

Annmarie McKenna said...

I am a total sucker for the underdogs. My brackets usually end up with the losers on top. Of course that puts me at the bottom but, oh well :)

Maven said...

I'm totally clueless!

I didn't think I'd be able to guess any of your college mascots/logos. I'm so out of it!

Uisce said...

well let's see.

1. I picked UNC
2. Texas, check
3. I picked Vandy over Wash. St.
4. Georgetown, yes
5. I've got OSU all the way
6. Vols, yes
7. Aggies, yes
8. I picked Nevada to upset Memphis, go figure
9. Gators all the way until they meet OSU
10. I picked Maryland over OD
11. Another upset I picked Notre Dame
12. I've got UNLV in rounds 1 and 2
13. Kansas, yes
14. I've got Illinois beating V-tech and South.Ill
15. Had to pick Duke. it's the law.
16. Indiana upsets UCLA, you heard it here first! :)

Rashenbo said...

I am just not a basket ball fan. I am so totally clueless! :) Sounds like a great list though :) I dig the picture :D

Chana said...

No thanks to b-ball. Perhaps my being 5'0" and missing the cut one too many times has turned me on the sport???

I do like a good game of HORSE or PIG.

Anonymous said...

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Okay, now I KNOW you're cracked!! Pitt at #15???

Whatever you're smoking, enjoy it. They'll be lucky if they get through the weekend.

(btw, I left a message for you at West of Mars...)

Stephanie said...

Hey! My TT is about March Madness in honor of the tourney!

As fas as your list:
1. Yes, to the Elite 8
2. Yes. Winning the 1st 2 rounds.
3. Yes. Winning the 1st round.
4. Hell Ya. They are going to the Final Four (maybe!)
5. Ohio State will probably win it all.
6. Tennessee to at least win 1 game.
7. I've got A&M in the Elite 8.
8. Memphis...yuk. At least a first round win.
9. Better get a first seed for something!
10. I had Butler. At least for a one game.
11. I got Oregon thru 2.
12. Went UNLV
13. Got em winning a couple, but they tend to choke in the Dance.
14. I'm from Illinois, and I even have Virginia Tech winning!
15. Pitt over Wright ST.
16. UCLA should go to the Final 4.

My final 4? Wisconsin, Ohio State, Georgetown, and UCLA. With OSU winning it all!

Cool site...I'll check back for more later!

Christie O. said...

sorry, i stink at this one! i always play fantasy for this and pick the teams for the colors. i know you hate em, but we're all florida down here! :) happy tt!

Anonymous said...

Oh boo hiss Texas A&M. I have always been a SEC fan, so I really root for BAMA and the VOLS.

Unknown said...

neat list! I always enjoy your blog and the slide show up top rocks!

Kimo and Sabi said...

March Madness rules! (we don't really know what that means, but Daddykitty's been all excited about it - seems like madness alright!)

Anonymous said...

So, when's this NCAA thingy over?

*grins, ducks and runs*

Tink said...

I haven't got a clue what you're talking about. I understand it's about basketball (?), but that's all. :-)
Thanks for visiting my handbag TT. The "Pagan and Proud" pen was a gift, they bought it on a Pagan Federation International conference. There's a PFI USA also.

Unknown said...

Very interesting list - love basketball, too. Sadly it is not so popular in Germany... so it´s not broadcasted =(

Have fun!

Karen said...

rooting against the Gators? It's a stab to my heart:-) I have them vs. Memphis in the finals.