Wednesday, March 07, 2007

This Party needs some Margaritas

But first, please allow me to do some housecleaning annoucements.

1.Please resist the urge to pluck the feathers. I know they are lavish and soft, but contrary to popular belief, they do not grow back as fast as some people think.

2.My butt needs a break. I know its a cute butt and all, so says Mrs Duck, but some of you ladies pinch really hard. Lets take tonight off in the butt pinching contest, shall we?

Ok now on to the recipe. I am going to give you two versions, One by Sandra Lee of Food Network. Hers is the beer margarita for a big gathering recipe.

Beer Margarita for a crowd

1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
1/4 cup coarse salt
2 (12-ounce) bottles your favorite beer, chilled
1/2 cup frozen concentrate limeade, thawed
1/2 cup chilled tequila
Ice cubes

Rub lime wedges around rims of 4 margarita glasses. Dip rims into salt to coat lightly. In a medium pitcher, combine beer, limeade, and tequila. Fill prepared glasses with ice, then with margarita mixture. Garnish with remaining lime wedges. Serve immediately.

And now the Easy Sparky Duck version, for when you are just mixing for you and your special sweetheart. Or even better, for when you really feel like drinking alone.

2oz of Limeade, which is about one shot in a shot glass. (found in the Butter/Egg aisle of the supermarket.We like Minute Maid)
2oz of tequila, again about one shot in a shot glass
3 or 4 shots of your favorite beer (from my experience, you can make 3 servings from one bottle of beer, 2 drinks with 3 shots and 1 drink with 4 shots)

1.Combine Limeade and Tequila in a drink mixing glass, or in a large serving glass or beer stein, with 2 to 3 ice cubes.
2.Add beer, and stir gently.
3.If using mixing glass, pour into your favorite glass, with or without ice cubes according to taste (to some people, ice and beer dont mix)
4.Enjoy!

8 comments:

Tug said...

There was a beer out...Tequizo maybe? Can't remember - I wonder if they taste the same?

And hey. I thought we were friends. A butt pinching party, & I wasn't invited? I'm HURT. I am SUCH a butt person.

**sulks slowly off pouting**

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I never pinch, I grab;)
Great recipe. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I hope your butt gets a nice rest! I was going to join the ultimate party, then forgot, then got busy, then it was too late. Story of my life, always missing the party!

P.S. Love the new blog look!

Rhian said...

I'm bringing the Coronas. And the kazoos.

Jay said...

Beer margarita?!?!?

Just when you think there isn't a drink in the world that hasn't been down your gullet....

Christie O. said...

i don't pinch either.i slap! haha! so is this drink good????? it sounds interesting! i am going to have to try it now! it's a possible candidate for st. pat's day party! is it green already? or should i dye it?

Rashenbo said...

Margaritas are like mana from heaven! :)

hehehehe :)

Anonymous said...

Apostrophes are your friends. Learn how to use them (in words like "don't" and "there's") and "you're" and "it's") and how not to (in words that are plural, like "as Friday's go"). It will up the general intelligence and readability of your blog like you would not (or "wouldn't"!) believe.