Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Mini comments-Ultimate Blog Party

Jay, P'Od Patricia and Rhiannon have asked what exactly is the Ultimate Blog Party. As a public service, I will explain at least what I know.

The Ultimate Blog party is hosted by 5 Minutes for Mom. It is alot of Moms, I mean alot of them. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I check out alot of mom blogs, like Kailani, Tigerprrr, Slackermom and Peg. So I have no problem reading mom blogs. But, alot of them are also homeschooling moms, not exactly my cup of tea coming from a family full of educators. And then there are the homeschooling moms that blog for God. Have I mentioned that I am a lasped catholic and leaning towards becoming a Wiccan??

So, while its a large group of people, almost 700 blogs linked, I dont see myself getting to many new readers from this little party, since I dont see them jumping on the Pagan bandwagon.

But, if you stay tuned, there will be a beer margarita recipe coming in the near future, that should keep you coming back.

Oh, before I forget, run over to Lady Jayne Scarlett's blog and tell her congrats! She is crazy enough to join the commune of the married in a few weeks. try and talk her out of it.

11 comments:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I'll be back for that beer margarita recipe. I come here for the humor, I get my religion at church :) You crack me up Sparky.

Rhian said...

I looked over the Mom site and no offense but not quite my cup o' beer. Bless their hearts, I'd probably scare some of them.

Waving my Pagan hand. At least that's the label that's slapped on me by others. Personally I like to think I defy labeling of any sort.

Becky said...

You know my take on the whole UBP. The stripper pole I have in my living room, the passed out bodies in the front yard, and the beer on tap, and pitchers of Margaritas in the fridge were all enough to scare most of them away.

But I'm having one helava good time! I know they are holding daily (if not hourly) prayer vigils and forwarding prayer emails, praying for my soul's salvation.

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Sooo...you're hanging out w/ a bunch of moms eh?? Hmmmm...do I hear your biological clock ticking? :P
Sounds like fun though!

Slackermommy said...

So the blog party isn't giving you a hofnar? I'm sure I've offended quite a few of the Christian moms with my latest post.

Rhian said...

hmmm - i think i need to hang out with becky and slackermom - i'm sensing some relatability happening.
You know Becky regarding "prayer vigils" - my husband's church used to hold those in my honor, trying to save me from my wicked ways. I heard about it AFTER his church gave hubby the choice between them and me. He liked me more. Probably cuz I'm more fun. ummm - hiya Sparky... sorry didn't mean to usurp.

Anonymous said...

I love a good margarita. I was in Phoenix last week and had a great Strawberry Margarita. Yum!

I understand what you're saying about the Mommy Blogs but it's still nice to see a guy at the party, too!

Tug said...

BEER margarita? hmmmm.....I'll be back.

Becky said...

Crowwoman..

My father was a minister for all of my childhood.

YOu know what they say about preacher's daughters?

Yes. All true.

Come by my place, love to hang with you.

Jay said...

What a kind sir you are, and just the kind of blog I like to read.

Mama Kelly said...

wandered in while looking to refresh the pagan blog roll over at my site ... meant to and then failed to participate in the big blogging party

Blessings

Mama Kelly