Thursday, February 15, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #22-The OCD One



Thirteen Neurotic Things about Sparky's start to his day


I do alot of my great thinking while in the shower, it seems to be where I come up with alot of my blog ideas, gift ideas, what things I need from the store, and the meaning of life that day. So, it should not be any surprise that if I do not do things in the shower in an exact order, I lose track of what I have and havent done. I cant tell you how many times I have washed my hair more then once because my mind wandered. So, here's the list from shower to jockeys.

1.Test the water and hop in. Do you know how much I hate to feel the cold water that has been trapped in a showerhead before it comes out hot. Rude awakening

2.Lather up with a bar of soap. Very important to be sure to get the pits here. Personally, I prefer Irish Spring.

3.Shampoo the hair next, I dont mess with the conditioner as a seperate step either, too much time wasted. So a 2 in 1 shampoo works best.

4.Shave. One of the easiest things to double check that I have done, especially when the mind is off on someplace nice. Plus, since I dont do it everyday, its even easier to check.

5.Shower Gel. Yes, men can use Shower Gel and those puffy sponges, and I am damned proud of it. Ok, I use the Old Spice Shower Gel, manly enough?

6.Noxema Face Scrub
-Sue Me, I have bad pores and the orange scent is invigorating.

7.Clean out my Ears and be sure to rinse off my face. A very important step, since I have allergies out the wazzoo.

Now, I just want to stress that there is always a rinse involved in between each step, I just figured that was self explanatory

8.Dry, though honestly I like the Rod Tidwell idea of drying, air drying is better for the skin. Now what movie is that from?

9.Brush the Teeth. I have found that I have to do this before deodorant, just because for whatever reason if I dont I end up having to do the deodorant under the shirt thing.

10.deodorant-and it has to be those clear gels. the sticks dont work!

11.Mouthwash-with Listerine, you can really feel all those germs dying on contact.

12.Get dressed-yes ladies The Duck has been naked the entire time, mmmm hows that for daydreamin (ok I must still be delusional)

13.Brush the hair-I have a bush on top of my head, so if I brush it before Im dressed its all over gods creation.

Ok, I know, way too much time on my hands...


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





31 comments:

Twyla said...

Lmao...that was great, because now I know I'm not the only one who does things in a certain order while in the shower. It totally throws me off if I don't.
But I always brush my teeth before I get in the shower...I have no idea why. And I have to brush my hair before too, or else I literally can't get the shampoo through it. lol

Christie O. said...

haha! your list cracked me up on a number of levels.
a. i, too, get all my good ideas in the shower. i re-organized my entire department at work in my head, in the shower.
2. jerry maguire!
3. "i have bad pores," says the man. i am not sure my husband knows what a pore is. love it!
4. husband also uses what i call "man-gel" but he still refuses the loofah.
anyway, happy tt! very informative and very funny!

MissMargo said...

I totally use the same face scrub!!!

I hate the smell

Tug said...

Soap AND shower gel? Different parts of the body, or are you just SUPERclean??

Anonymous said...

I use both soap and shower gel. The soap is antibacterial, so kills the bacteria and gets off the dirt and dead skin. The shower gel I use smells nice, and adds moisture (important when interior heat dries my skin out so that it feels like an overstretched drumhead.)

I have to use conditioner, or my hair is a gigantic rat's nest. Then again, I have pretty long hair.

Carmen said...

we all have our habits, don't we? :)

Anonymous said...

I like dragging my coffee into the shower with me. that will wake me up.

-atomik kitten said...

My husband is VERY proud of his puffy sponge too! :) Thanks for stopping by!

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

This was a great insight! But...where does coffee fit in? :)

Rhian said...

LOL! this is GREAT! Popped over from Shiloh's TT. Dang it - another blog to follow. When the heck am i supposed to get my work done?

Anonymous said...

I've gotten out of the shower and realized that I forgot to soap up. Once, I was dressed before I figured it out. A little extra deodorant fixed that problem.

I think most people have a definite routine. My little quirk is that I have to Q-tip out my ears immediately after showering. And I have to do both ears at the same time. Nick calls it 'doing the double'.

Happy TT.

Unknown said...

thanks for the creative list this week! hahah

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I do a lot of writing in the shower; not sure why, but it's when inspiration tends to strike.

Love your list; you're a cutie, Duck.

YellowRose said...

First let me say, thanks for sharing!! LOL

My hubby has pretty much the exact same routine every morning...must be a guy thing.

Happy Thursday!

Mike said...

The cold water this is a rude awakening, especially in the morning lol. I use the shower gel too.

Kimberly said...

I used to do my blog thinking in the shower too! NOw I usually end up having a "post" thought while driving - much more dangerous!

JAM said...

I'm on the same page here Sparky. Not all neuroses are bad.

Ever since my fourth back surgery, I've been plagued with phantom odors. I can no longer trust my nose.

One consequence is that I err to the side of over-personal hygene-ing myself. I might knock people out with the combo of anti-bacterial deodorant soap, shampoo, underarm deodorant, powder (a manly "sporty" smell, and after shave, but no one, NO ONE, will ever complain that I have offensive body odor.

Oh, yeah, I'm with you on the Listerine too, mouthwash has to burn; none of those new pansy non-alcoholic mouthwashes for me.

Great list!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Very funny list! #8 was Jerry McGuire wasn't it (Rod Tidwell)?
My hubbys a Listerine guy. No Scope is allowed in the house. And as long as you're secure with the poofy sponge then I have no further comment on the subject:)

Anonymous said...

You must be delusional and I'm laughing at #5.

Unknown said...

LOL I love your list. I love showers but I'm more of an evening bath person. Thanks for stopping by my site today. :)

Anonymous said...

Love a man who smells good. Props to your mom, for making you wash your ears (and behind them, too.) Thanks for visiting my TT.

Raggedy said...

Looks like you start day off well. I loved #5
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
Thank you for your visit to mine.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Irish Church Lady :) said...

And how long is that routine if you don't repeat anything? hee

Anonymous said...

Eureka! Who says only great ideas come to those who bathe! Happy TT & thanks for sharing.

Buttercup said...

Sparky, I actually really liked this list and may have to borrow it for a future TT. Thanks again for the shout-out. I appreciate the support.

Ladybug Crossing said...

LOL!! Great list!
Thanks for dropping by my TT.
LBC

Erin Faye said...

Great List! LOL.
Thanks for dropping by!

Shelby said...

funny list!

palmtreefanatic said...

hehehehe....Great list!

Sunflower said...

Great list. I should remember them for the future use:-)

Thanks for stopping by my Sunflower blog and supporting me! Welcome back anytime.

I will Exercise for Comments!
Sunflower

Kukka-Maria said...

I never thought I'd ever admit to picturing a duck naked.

But I did...

Great list! Use that "masculine" shower gel with pride!!