Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Thursday 13 Appetizer-30 Seconds to Mars

First and foremost, I have to say, everything is just fine, nothing to worry about. Just because its a dark and brooding song does not mean that I am currently feeling dark and brooding. But, if I was in some darker place, this song would so freaking fit. Now, I am not one of those people that reads too much into songs, at least usually. If it hits me, I feel it more then understand it. But, look at the words to this song from 30 Seconds to Mars. It may not hit you now, but goodness knows at some point in your life, in a conversation with someone or something, you realized that it was not you talking, but the persona that you were wishing to exude. And, I guess this song is all about breaking from that mold. Ok, OK, its almost 2 years old, I am slow to the party, but its still great if not hip.

The Kill


Break me down
Bury me, bury me
I am finished with you
Look in my eyes
You're killing me, killing me
All I wanted was you

I tried to be someone else
But nothing seemed to change
I know now, this is who I really am inside
Falling from myself
Falling for a chance
I know now, this is who I really am


Kill
Break me down
Bury me, bury me
I am finished with you, you, you
Look in my eyes
You're killing me, killing me
All I wanted was you
Come, break me down
Break me down
Break me down

What if I wanted to break...?



Now, take a look and listen to the words, since typing doesnt do them justice.



Well, if you couldnt guess, tomorrows Thursday Thirteen will be somehow musically related, I can tell your thrilled. Now, please tell me that the lead singer looks familiar, I would hate to be the only one out there that watched My So Called Life.

3 comments:

Twyla said...

Oh my freakin' fudge! Are you kidding me? Of course he looks familiar. That's Jared Leto aka Jordan Catalano. I was in love with him all through my teenage years...(Still kinda am...shhh, don't tell anyone.) :-) I was a die hard fan of MSCL...It is seriously my FAVE show of all time. I wanted to be Angela. I was devasted when it was cancelled. I've been trying to buy the DVD of it, but the only ones I can find are on E-bay and they're asking a fortune. I actually had most episodes taped on VHS, but I had to throw them away because I had wore them out. I'm such a freak I know. LOL
Great song by the way. Thanks for posting this. :-)

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Exactly Twyla, it IS Jordan. I love MSCL too!

tiggerprr said...

Thanks for posting that! I never watched him on My So Called Life (I am like a decade too old I think), but...I loved him in Fight Club and thought he was very hot in Alexander. I have been wanting to hear what his group sounded like. Is it just me, or did the video have a "The Shining"-esque vibe to it?