Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Puppyknapped

Somedays, the news just ceases to amaze me, really it does. Over the weekend, a 5 month old puppy was snatched from a pet store in Audobon, Pennsylvania. There are a few things that really annoy me about this story. Besides the fact that yes, its um stealing, its also the stupidity of the thief. Nothing like getting caught on multiple surveillance cameras now is there? But, probably the biggest thing that burns my butt is that there are plenty of kittens, puppies, cats and dogs available at your local shelters that are close to free that can be taken, without the whole threat of jail time. As opposed to getting the 5 finger discount, these animals are really close to free and looking for a home. Its either laziness, or this poor doggy was needed for something else.

3 comments:

Carmen said...

stupid people never cease to amaze me. you'd think I'd be immune by now. :)

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of someone stealing a dog before. Was it a thoroughbread? Either way, the guy's a jerk!

tiggerprr said...

That's ridiculous that someone would do that when there's so many homeless animals. I'd be checking the classified ads and seeing who's suddenly got a yorkie for sale. :(