Thursday, November 09, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #7

Yes yes long awaited I know :)



Thirteen Things Sparky always gets at the store



My job in the house is shopping at the Supermarket. Naturally really, since I am the one that does almost all the cooking. I almost always take the list, though there are things I always pickup week by week.

1.Those small plastic cartons of chopped celery and onion in one container. I always need onions in almost every recipe and I hate chopping onions. And I had a bad experience once with celery, didnt clean it enough I think, so I like the prepared ones.

2.Pepcid. I can almost guarantee you that I have some sort of acid reflux, though I am not going to a doctor unless im bleeding somewhere, the Pepcid helps at the end of the day.

3.A main necessity that has become a nuisance to get now is CLARITIN-D. Im not a meth head, Im just addicted to being able to breathe. Some stores dont even have it anymore, and the lines waiting at Customer Service or the Pharmacy are enough to make me get Excedrin at the same time.

4.Soda! Coca-Cola is the family favorite, and Mountain Dew is a personal fave, but its great, they always have 3 for $9 sales on something.

5.Breakfast bars, usually either the Caribou Coffee bars, or the Nutra-Grain bars, or one of each, one for me, one for Mrs Duck.

6.Broth, especially now adays since my casserole/stew fetish is kicking in again in the cooler weather. Almost always 2 cans of Chicken Broth and one of Beef Broth.

7.Jarred Spaghetti Sauce, usually either Francesco Rinaldi or Barilla. I think they have some sort of scam going one week, Rinaldi is 5 for $5 and the next week its Barilla. Not that Im complaining.

8.Tide or Era Detergent. Era is usually cheaper, and those small little bottles are better for Mrs Duck to use when she's doing the laundry. Not as heavy. :)

9.I love love love the new Downy Simple Pleasures fabric softener. That scent stays for a long time in the clothes, and Im convinced that the Lavender really works. Ok maybe thats not every week, but every month for sure.

10.Coffeemate, usually either the Coconut Creme or the Vanilla Thai spice. Though with winter fast approaching, joy of joys, the have eggnog.

11.Tissues, though for the life of me I can't remember the brand, I know its usually not Kleenex. And there the ones with Aloe. I know them when I see them, Im just blanking presently.

12.Turkey Hill Iced Tea, the greatest bottled Iced Tea in the world. And its usually dirt cheap, $1.25 a bottle and thats for a quart. Mrs Duck is addicted to the Orange Tea, I vary between the Blueberry Ooglong and the Lime Tea, though all of them are tasty.

13.I have been banned from buying anymore until the Freezer gets cleaned out of the ones we have, but I always look at the price of Blue Bunny Ice Cream. If its the right flavor and the right price, I think wifey will let me slide.

Just be sure to steer me clear of the cookie aisle. Any body else have suggestions of stuff I need?

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





15 comments:

Tug said...

I hate shopping...if I give you a list & promise not to complain, will you go for me???

Anonymous said...

What a cool idea for your TT!

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I am totally with you on 4, 6, and 10. Must have the flavored coffee mate or my morning isn't complete. Thanks for stopping by and have a great week:D

Debby said...

Great list, though I despise shopping. My hubby usually does the shopping if I give him an exact list of what we need. Yours made me want ice cream!
Happy Thursday and thanks for visiting!

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of the Blue Bonny ice cream as well..

Anonymous said...

I don't like slicing onions either...so I cheat in a different way. Dehydrated onions. :D

I'm not a celery fan.

Best of luck with your jobsearch!! It can be exasperating, but eventually you'll find something. I just hope, for your sake, that you don't have to wait until the new year (so many companies start slowing their hiring processes around this time of year. It's like they hibernate for a month and a half.)

tiggerprr said...

Love the Barilla spaghetti sauce in garlic & mushroom. Yummy. And we love the Blue Bunny...I especially love the Lemon Cheesecake that comes in "Limited Edition". It's light ice cream, but wow, it doesn't taste like it at all!

Anonymous said...

No cat food for me?!

Anonymous said...

excellent list! I am also the official cook/shopper in my family--although I prefer to wander the aisles without a list. Sometimes that makes for interesting substitutions in recipes when I don't have what I need! Thanks for the comment on my blog--I appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

i love shopping too. for some reason, i can't seem to stick to a list whenever i'm surrounded by all those choices - lol! my tt's up! ;)

Anonymous said...

Great list. Also, Harry Mitchell will do a fine job in JDs place, I'm sure. You were right!

Happy TT! Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Will you do my shopping? I hate it and coming up w. something new for dinner all the time UGH!

Love the idea for the onions. I hate 'em. Everyone else likes them. Since, I'm cooking I don't use them. I love garlic from the jar. It is so easy to use!

Thanks for all your kind words during my CRISIS!

Anonymous said...

Great TT, thanks for the pumpkin advice will try that!

Kukka-Maria said...

Downy Simple Pleasures = BLISS!

I love the blue one (can't even tell you what scent) and recently bought the complimentary detergent (just to make sure that scent completely permeated my laundry).

And, I'm guessing you really are a meth-head. ;)

natalie said...

Great list! I'm more apt to buy Blue Bell Ice Cream (esp. Homemade Vanilla) and the baking powder laundry detergent.

Thx for the visit!