Thursday, September 28, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #2


Thirteen Things about Sparky


This weeks list, 13 of my guilty pleasures, things that I would not exactly volunteer freely, though now I am admitting it arent I?

1.My vices:Camel Ultra Lights and Vodka Martinis with 3 olives. There is nothing like a smoke right after that first cup of coffee and nothing like a Martini after a stressful Friday.

2.The Dr. Phil Show: Yes, its an Oprah knockoff, though I think of it as a Donahue knockoff, but I still have the TiVo going when its got some sort of interesting guests on. And now, with the Dr. Phil House, there is even more of a chance of eruptions and Texan homespun wisdom.

3.This show drives Mrs. Duck crazy but, Judge Judy. Mrs. Duck thinks she's rude and shrill. Honestly, that probably what I love about the dang thing. Plus, it gives me a slight taste of the NY attitude I was used to growing up with, yet I can turn it off, something I didnt get to do growing up.

4.Books by Laurell K. Hamilton. I actually am leaning a bit more towards the Merry Gentry series, but Anita Blake has more books to read. Now this is a guilty pleasure because the main characters of both her books are usually hotter if there males as opposed to females. They are kind of like Romance novels with lotsa blood.

5.Mike and the Mad Dog on the Fan!. I grew up listening to these two characters, out of the first major Sports Talk radio station. They have lost a bit of there edge as they have gotten older, but they still can be hilarious and brillant sports wise all in the same show.

6.The Oregon Ducks especially Ducks football. I am a rabid fan of this team. I will still stay up until 1 am just to watch the West Coast games. And don't get in front of me during the fourth quarter of a close game.

7.Eeyore!! I love this little gloomy gus of a character, even though I am almost 34 years old. I think it might be because he reminds me of me a little bit, at least in my college years for sure. Plus, really, I think Eeyore might be the 1st Goth.

8.Stuffed Animals in general. I think there is a part of me that still thinks I am freeing them from there terrible existence in a Hallmark store. I know its strange, but thats why it would be a guilty pleasure right?

9.Clay Aiken. Yes, he is the new Barry Manilow. Yes, he is probably a bit wiggly. Yes, he looks like Howdy Doody in that new haircut. The boy can still sing!

10.Yes, all guys love Paris Hilton, or at least they would take a long look at her, or Halle Berry or even Uma Thurman, but I just love Tiffani Amber Thiessen. She was really good at being Bad on 90210, and that kissing of a girl scene on "Fastlane" was my first glimpse at girl on girl action.

11.WWE Smackdown vs Raw for the Playstation 2. I DONT watch wrestling, but the game is freaking awesome. And so easy to play. Its an electronic soap opera for guys!

12.Cloisonne Lapel Pins, another hobby that Mrs. Duck hates, because I have these suckers stacked all over the place, yet I havent filled my first shadow box yet. But, its the little collectable I can always find no matter where I go on a trip.

13.Degrassi: The Next Generation. A lovely little teen steam drama on the N imported from Canada. I should be a bit worried actually since I know its on The N. But, the writing is better then 90210 or Saved by the Bell, the acting a bit cheesy and I may be a dirty old man, but some of the chicks are hot.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





22 comments:

Unknown said...

THAT WAS A VERY HONEST POST..THAT WAS GREAT

Wifey said...

I'm with you on Eeyore, I'm 23 and still love him.

Anonymous said...

Fun list. Guitly pleasures are the best. This is my first time to you blog. Welcome to Philly! I love this city! I hear you about the culture shock. I work in Jersey and I am in culture shock daily!

Crazy Fat Chick said...

Great post!

I love, love, love, the Anita Blake series and have read them all. I have to admit the changes in Anita are upsetting as is all the male-on-male rape.

Geekwif said...

Well, I've never had a martini, though I've always been curious and I do love olives. I can't stand Dr. Phil or Judge Judy, or Clay Aiken. But I stand with you on Eeyore! There's just something about him that makes you gotta love 'im.

Kukka-Maria said...

I used to watch "Degrassi High" when I was a kid. I don't know if it was aired on Nickelodeon or what...since I don't live in Canada.

I loved the acting, or lack thereof. It sort of made me believe I could go to school with these kids.

I've never seen "The Next Generation," though. I'll have to check it out.

Nice TT!

Kate Michele said...

Degrassi is a guilty pleasure!! And Tiffani? I've loved her since Saved by the bell....an all time classic really!!!

Carmen said...

i think guilty pleasures are a GOOD thing

Lazy Daisy said...

Wow, I'm impressed with your honesty. I was surprised at some of the things you listed but you definitely have lots of interests. Thanks for the fasinating list.

Anonymous said...

I had a suspicion after living in Oregon that the Ducks were only a guilty pleasure...

Laurell K. Hamillton, another good one...

Anonymous said...

Numbers 7 and 9 are my favorites. Clay Aiken to me is the best singer from all the AI contestants.

Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

#3 - Have you watched People's Court? I like Judge Marilyn much better than Judge Judy. When she gets pissed, she starts yelling at people in Spanish. It's fabulous!

And I LOVE Clay Aiken! I have seen him in concert three times!!! Imagine how much I get teased about that!

tiggerprr said...

What a fun list! And so honest! Thanks for stopping by my TT! :)

Anonymous said...

Everyone needs their own vices-mine is Coca-Cola, or as I like to refer to it, "The Nectar Of The Gods".

Thanks for visiting my TT today.

Natsthename said...

:-) Now I know 13 things about you! I think I'd like a vodka martini with you to discuss how Dr. Phil drives me nuts! lol. Thanks for sharing yourself!

Anonymous said...

Ah, I love pessimistic Eyeore. Someone gave me an "Ask Eyeore" which is like a magic eightball but eyeore-style -- "Well, it looks good for you, but probably not for me..."

My Shoes said...

good post. i love eeyore too!

Anonymous said...

I like the Merry Gentry series better. But, I have read most of the Anita Blake series. I love to read about Vampires!

Anonymous said...

That anonymous is me, Nancy: crazedmom.net/wordpress.

Blogger is not being nice today :(

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

WOW WWE The Most Powerful World wrestling Entertainment for free, Geez this is cool!!!

Cinnamon Girl said...

I could never smoke Camels. I was a Cowboy Killer girl until I went all natural (har) with American Spirit.

I loved the early Laurels but now I am getting a bit burned out on the whole ardour bidnizz.

Great list! Dr. Phil is fun :P