Saturday, September 23, 2006

Books, Glorious Books

So, apparently I have been tagged by Neila of Blog that Mommy and since I have found most of her posts quite humurous, as well as the fact that I do read more then the sports pages and blogs, I would do the lovely little meme.

Though lord knows im getting old, the mind is slipping some...

1.One Book that Changed your life:Hardest question First- Good gravy, this is a hard one, but of course it is since the question warned me that it is the hardest one! I cant really recall a book that was Boom! my life is different, but Superfudge by Judy Blume was a life changer, because it made me want to read, and keep reading. Its one of the first books I remember ripping through and being interested in what would happen next book

2.One book that you have read more then once
- Well, I could cheat and say King Lear by Shakespeare since I had to read it once in High School for a class and once in College for a class, but that was not voluntarily. But, along those same lines was Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare, which I never had to read for a class, yet read 3 times. I just love it, the wittiness, and also the fact that sometimes I need a translator to get every word. Plus, I even loved the movie.

3.One Book that you would want on a Deserted Island- Something huge, but not dry and boring, which takes Moby Dick out of the mix. Though Charles Dickens Four Complete Novels (Great Expectations, Hard Times, A Christmas Carol, A Tale of Two Cities) by Charles Dickens would be a perfect book. You have something to celebrate the holidays with, and some other things that you could spend months on. Plus, I have never actually read Hard Times, so it would be something new.

4. One book that made you laugh outloud:-I have read plenty of books like this, alot of those so called "chick lit" books that Mrs Duck reads have made me chuckle, snort, smile, or have milk coming from my nose. But, for this list The Life of Reilly: The Best of Sports Illustrated's Rick Reilly by (naturally) Rick Reilly was a hilarious book. Yes, it was alot of articles that I had probably read before, but I still couldnt help myself but laugh at some of this brillant witty musings on sports.

5.One book that made you cry-Well, you would think that this would be a hard question to answer, but actually, A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks popped into my head quite easily actually. I think because it was about people that werent that much younger then me when I read it, and that I could transport myself into the couples situation, thats why I cried.


6.One Book that you wished you had written-
Easy, Seabiscuit by Laura Hillenbrand. It's right in my wheelhouse, its a historical book, which is perfect being a history graduate. And, its about horse racing!! which I adore. I love those beautiful creatures. But, I do not think I could have written anywhere near as well as Ms. Hillenbrand did.

7.One book that you wish was never written:. Again, I am going to take some of those horrible books that I was forced to read in college and high school and just include a book that I read voluntarily. (Drumroll) The Devil Wears Prada: A Novel by Lauren Weisberger. This is sacriledge to Mrs. Duck, who loved this book. And she says that the evil boss is like alot of people in real life. To which I say, if I wanted to read about awful people in Real life, I would read a biography!!

8.One book you are reading at the moment: There are two, since I am currently between books and trying to decide which one to crack open. One is Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison. I love books about Vampires and Witches and occults and all that fun stuff. Yes, Im weird for a guy, but it is the perfect October book. The other option is Sunday Money: Speed! Lust! Madness! Death! A Hot Lap Around America with NASCAR by Jeff MacGregor a book about a year in Nascar. I have just been too lazy to go downstairs and find it.

9.One Book you have been meaning to read: Hmm, coincidentally I just did my Birthday list, so I have a few Ive been meaning to read. Though The Worst Person in the World: And 202 Strong Contenders by Keith Olbermann is the number one book on my list, so I would say its currently the book I have been meaning to read.

10.Five people you would like to see do this.
-I am going to be nice, since its the weekend, so I am not going to directly tag anyone, but if someone wants to join in out of my sporadic readers, just let me know and ill list ya.

0 comments: