Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Bad Engish and Bad Money

Originally this was just going to be a post about Bad English. I was watching We are The 80's or something like that on VH1 Classic. I have always been a fan of there one hit song, "when i see you smile". But I forgot what the video looked like. Not only do I now think that one of there guitarists was in the other early 80's band Journey. But as I watched the video, I had to ask myself, John Waite, who told you that the wild hair look was all yours man. John, I remember you earlier man, when you were still cool, singing songs for Vision Quest. What A & R guy told you that the Gene Simmons look would work for you??

Ok and that was going to be it, just a crazy rant about bad hair and then beddy buy. Then I turn on ESPN for my last smoke of the day, and there is Kurt Warner signing a 4 million dollar contract with the Arizona Cardinals. What??? What??? How many more ways can Bill Bidwell throw money down the toilet. Bill, I watched alot of football, I may not be in the same shape as Warner, but Billy, I am like 6 yrs younger, I only need to sign for $400,000.00 a year, and season tickets for my parents. Thats a sweet deal. Give me a call?? Drop me an email! Im your dawg

4 comments:

supine said...

VH1 Classic...is that like Coca Cola Classic, by any chance? Can't beat the real thing?

Reliving those old videos are the best. Only a few of the bands hold up well, looks-wise. Billy Idol comes to mind...

Matthew said...

I think Billy Idol looks kind of bad these days, but that's my opinion.

There's a VH1 Classic? How is that different that regular old VH1, where all they seem to do is milk the past for all it's worth?

Take care.

Sparky Duck said...

Matt, the big difference is that VH1 Classic actually plays music videos :)

ZuZu said...

Yup, and they've actually played the old Debster's videos, too. Nothing like a little "Shake Yer Love" to get the party started. The MTV channel in IO also plays real music videos, too. All we need is Martha Quinn and we're good to go.