Sunday, October 19, 2008

A bit of a Pickle

I am a Phillies fan. They are the local team, which means they are the team I get all the local coverage of. Fox games, Phillies. UPN57 games, Phillies. the sport pages, philled with Phillies in the spring and summer, well at least until Eagles training camp starts. The beautiful Citizens Bank Park, home of the Phillies, and the place I have been to my last 4 baseball games at. So, being in Philadelphia, even as a late comer, I can not help but be excited for the Phillies trip to the World Series.

But, I am a dyed in the wool, Red Sox fan as well. In fact, I have been a Red Sox fan a heck of a lot longer then I have enjoyed watching the Phillies. One of those 4 baseball games I have seen over the last 2 years at Citizens? Phillies/Red Sox, where I was wearing my Red Sox hat and cheering for David Ortiz.

So, what to do, what to do. I think the Phils will have a much better chance against the Rays of Tampa then against Red Sox Nation. They can bring the first world championship to the city in over 25 years. But, its the Red Sox. The miracle comeback Red Sox. I can still remember almost every pitch of the comeback against the Yankees from 3 games down a few years back. And then there was this 2 nights ago.



What to do, oh what to do.

4 comments:

Tilly Greene said...

Wear red, eat a cheese steak while drinking a bottle of Sam Adams...all bases are covered and be thrilled with whoever wins :-)

Anthony said...

Fortunately, you won't have to deal with it.
The Phils would have had an easier time with the Sox. Their starting staff is in disarray (was) and they don't run as well as Tampa. The key would have been getting to the ninth inning with a lead.

Tampa's starting pitching is more consistent and they're faster and their hitters are as good as the Phils.
So, let the dust collect on that Red Sox cap.

Just so you know, they're coming back to the ballpark next year for 3 games.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

No worries as the RAYS did it...now, can they beat the Phillies...remains to be seen

Valtool said...

As a Sox fan in Philly, it's time for you to root for the hometown team. Your motivations are local pride and Revenge against the team that took your Sox out of the season.