Sunday, July 20, 2008

Stumbling Around

I love the summer. I love the feeling of the warm air as it surrounds you. I love wearing less clothes, plus I love the fact that there are women out there who wear less clothes (I'm married, I am not dead). But, I one thing I do not love is the fact that the weekends become filled with so much stuff going on. The winter at least allows you to have a down day because it is so dark so early. Summer gets the social calendar filled so quickly, that you blink and the weekend is over.

Not that I am saying that I do not enjoy friends and family and stuff to do, but sometimes you need the chance to get you brain to focus and right now it seems like its bounce bounce bounce. Of course, I am just whining here, not the best thing for a duck to do.

By the way, did I wake up in the early 90s? Is Greg Norman really winning the British Open Championship again?

7 comments:

Cinnamon Girl said...

Try working Saturdays. That really screws the pooch weekend wise. Although I did get an awesome dinner at the parentals and Kidlet and I stayed and watched a movie so there was some social activities.

And Dark Knight today. Whoo!

Sparky Duck said...

Starr:Um I did 2 weekends in a row

Desert Songbird said...

Um, other than wearing fewer clothes, we're in hibernation mode around here - no outdoor activities and no socializing. It's all about the indoors, man.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Yeah he was until someone mentioned it was the last day and then he did his infamous collapse

Cinnamon Girl said...

Yuck, I feel your pain Sparks. I have averaged btween 400 and 500 overtime hours a year for the last 5 years. I have yet to break 100 this year and I have to say I may miss the money but I don't miss doing the time enough to really sweat it.

Unknown said...

Starr-at least you get OT pay

Cinnamon Girl said...

Oh hell yes I do! That is why I have a job and not a "career." Salary is too close to slavery and I like leaving the office at the office!