Monday, February 11, 2008

Colder Than a Witch's Teet

Not that I know how cold a Witches teet really is, thank you very much. My past conquests have actually been alive and well and only witches in the Wiccan form.

It was so cold this morning that there were no birds outside. They were tucked into some hovel somewhere, peeking down and saying, "hey look at this idiot outside smoking, what a moron." This is an opinion that is also shared by my wife, but for many different reasons.

It makes me think that the fun dream of seeing a football game from famed Lambeau Field and its frozen tundra may be a tad crazy. Though if you really think about it, the difference between a game at Lambeau and living in this 14 degree shit, is that after 3 hours of spending time with 50,000 of my closest friends, I get to go home to the warmer world of normal people. In this frozen cold mess, there seems to be no escape.

One side benefit is that it does make me sleepy and snuggly, two good things for Mrs Duck, though since she is still feeling a bit under the weather, she may not agree. She is going to move over and give me room on the couch, though dammit!

10 comments:

the Book of Keira said...

A cold teat is not necessarily a good thing. For instance, I just got out of the shower a minute ago and put on a t shirt. Then, I brushed my hair and as it's wet and very long, it made wet spots on my boobies which are now freezing as a result. I could change my shirt but I'm in a sort of lazy place right now. Thus, I shall suffer alone.

Tilly Greene said...

The Lambeau Field thing has appealed to me as well, but then I go outside and think about it again. I wouldn't last 2 minutes in that cold so I'll keep watching it on TV and think what fun they're having.

Schmoop said...

I would still go outside and smoke if it was 105 below. Sending some snow your way Sparky. Cheers!!

Cinnamon Girl said...

I loathe cold. To the point that when I smoked I'd rather have nicotine withdrawls than deal with that weather.

Anthony said...

I saw a game once on Christmas Eve at Veteran's Stadium. 10 degrees or something like that. Randall Cunningham at QB - can't remember the date, but I could look it up.

I wore an Air Force insulated flight suit, wool hat and insulated gloves and I was still cold. I remember that the concrete was cold on my feet, so if you ever go to Lambeau, don't wear sneakers.

Unknown said...

I hate the cold...and yes I appreicate the irony being Canadian. Cool days I like, not freeze your eyebrows off cold.

And give up the cigs your silly duck!

Anndi said...

Warmed up yet?

Happy Valentine's Day to you and Mrs Duck. Hope she feels better.

pissed off patricia said...

Shall I send you a big box of Florida sunshine? It's in the lower 70's here today.

Jay said...

The spot on the couch is one of any relationship's most important aspects.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Hope you and Mrs Duck are sharing the couch in the spirit of Hallmark and Chocolate today!