Saturday, January 19, 2008

Mrs Duck is no Paula Deen

Scene:Thursday night,My wife on the couch, me fiddling around at the desktop computer in the mini office off the living room, stove and oven on in the kitchen.

Mrs Duck:Whatcha doing?

Sparky: Me? Oh just checking some blogs until dinner is ready.

MD:Hmmph, I guess I am the one that is cooking tonight, since you are checking blogs.

S:Huh? Cooking? You are just boiling water, I would not exactly call that cooking.

MD:Oh no, not just the water, but the tater tots are in the oven too!

Note:Dinner that night was Stouffers Creamed Chipped Beef over Tater Tots or Toast, depending on who was eating it.

7 comments:

Shirl said...

Hmmm, gotta side with the Missus on this one. I'll bet Paula Deen cooks up a mean Tater Tot casserole...

Amy Ruttan said...

LOL!!!

It's reversed in my house. ;)

What is chipped beef actually?

Desert Songbird said...

Yeah, and my hubby is no Bobby Flay.

Sparky Duck said...

Rhia-Yes, because butter makes everything better

Amy-I am a Renaissance Man

Bird-Well, Have you let him expand upon his gift for cooking? I think not

Hyperion said...

Sometimes you sound like you're 25, and sometimes you sound like you're 65, and in the cast of Pickles (newspaper comic-strip). Which is it?

Wylie Kinson said...

And what's wrong with chipped beef on toast?
As long as someone else is cooking - I'm lovin' it.

Mr. Wylie has one dish. Toast. Yup, that's it!

Anonymous said...

My husband can't even cook instant saimin. Therefore, he has no say in what we eat. hee he