Thursday, November 22, 2007

Turkey Day Gameplan

This is not going to be one of my official Thursday Thirteen's this week, because I really am not sure if I am going to really do 13 things today, but we will see how many things I have and walla, it may turn into 13 of them.

1.Get that Turkey to defrost. One of the problems with trying to avoid the early rush at the food store is that the frozen Turkey is bought closer to the actual day of use. And as of 10:30 this morning, the bird still was not defrosted. So its getting an ice water bath as we speak.

2.Green Bay vs Detroit. Out of all the football games on Thanksgiving, now there are 3, the Detroit game is the only one I consistently watch. Its on at just the right time and this year, I have two of my fantasy players involved, Greg Jennings and Donald Lee, both of Green Bay. Plus, who doesnt like watching Brett Favre?

3.Get the Christmas decorations out. Our plan today, since it is just Mrs Duck and myself was to start Christmas decorating today. For sure we are going to get the tree out and up. We may or may not decorate/light it today, because who knows how the cats will react to there first Christmas tree.

4.Decorate a little bit outside. It feels like it is close to 70 degrees outside. So, I will definetly take this opportunity to at least get up on a ladder and string some Christmas lights outside. I usually like to wait for the ground to be cooler to put some of the reindeer/snowmen/stars in the ground out, but no wind and warm temps is the perfect time to be on a ladder.

5.Apple, Sausage and Sage Stuffing. Its gotta go in the turkey well once it does not feel like an iceberg, so the stuffings gotta be done early.

6.Enjoy some Martinis. Hey, whats a holiday without at least some liquor. Just have to start a little bit earlier so I get a good nights sleep for a long long long day at work tomorrow.


7.Call the relatives. We have family flung all over the United States this year, so its going to be quite a few phone calls that need to be placed.

8.Relax. I really plan to get back into Anya's book once again and certainly recline a little bit, just because thats really what this Holiday is about. Giving thanks for a comfy chair and a full belly.

9.Whatever Mrs Duck wants to do. The above listed is just my gameplan. I am sure the wife will have some input that might be a little bit different, involving a tad more work on my part. But, thats why I love her, she always makes things a bit better.

Happy Thanksgiving to my US Blogger Buddies. To Everyone else, um Happy Thursday!!

8 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

sounds like a plan sparky! happy t-day to you and mrs. duck!

smiles, bee

Amy Ruttan said...

Happy Thanksgiving to Mr. & Mrs. Duck!

Ya, mine was in October already ... but American Thanksgiving must be rubbing off on me, I've been baking all day on my day off. (I no longer work Thursdays and Fridays).

Unknown said...

I hope you and Mrs. Duck have a very happy and safe Thanksgiving!

Anthony said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too Sparky.
It may have been a bit windy for the ladder today, but definitely getting colder.
My cat never bothered with the tree when he was a kitten, so I think it depends on their personalities. You might want to keep the tinsel from hanging too low, though.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a very happy Turkey Day!

Schmoop said...

I hope your T-Day was lovely. Cheers!!

Desert Songbird said...

Hope you had a peaceful day, Duck Man.

Too bad about my Devils, but at least my Colts seem to be back on track. Yay!

HockeyKnight said...

Happy Thanksgiving!