Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #52-The Recipezaar One

Wow, I can not believe this is the 52nd week. Well I actually can believe it, Im just saying.


Thirteen Favorite Recipes From Recipezaar


Now, while these recipes are no where near as good as what is being cranked out by Dragon's Kitchen, when there are over 244,000 recipes, something has to be good. So, from Recipezaar, here are my Thirteen Favorite Recipes.

1.Chicago Style Hotdogs-Though I did not use Vienna Franks, they have always kinda skeeved me out.

2.Emeril's Lobster Cheesecake-Filling as all get out, even if you use imitation Lobster.

3.Fannie Farmers Classic Baked Macaroni and Cheese-Want Creamy, Use Velveeta

4.McDonald's Shamrock Shake
-Get Passed the green color and its great.

5.Tangier Island Baked Crab-I liked it, tasted like a big crabcake, Mrs Duck did not like the consistency. Use 2 eggs not 1.

6.Crab Rangoons-Delicious and easy.

7.Kung Pao Chicken-Anything with peanuts, I am all over!

8.Moroccan Chicken-I mentioned this one in Twitter, so I just had to share.

9.Shrimpin Dippin Broth-This was a great recipe for when Mrs Duck was just eating clears.

10.Smoky Mountain Chicken-Fantastic

11.PF Changs Chicken Lettuce Wraps-This is one of Mrs Duck's Favorites and also it can be like a salad, just serve over shredded lettuce.

12.Garlic Beef Enchiladas-When the recipe reviews say they take forever, they are not kidding, but it is one of my favorite recipes on this site.

13.Singapore Street Noodles-When Mrs Duck took her leftovers to work, I got 6 requests for the recipe.

One Bonus-A few weeks ago I mention Jack in The Box and I got some questions about there tacos, and this is what I found.

Hungry yet? Damn Im starving!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





40 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow lobster cheesecake...who'd even think of such a combination.

Unknown said...

Go Ducks. Great list of recipes and thanks for the lead to recipe zar.

Ed

Robin said...

Lobster and cheesecake together? In the same dish? I just don't think it can get any better than that... Now if only I wouldn't need to take out a second mortgage to buy a pound of lobster meat here in Israel...

Addicted to crafting said...

we'll make a deal, I'm coming over for dinner to taste all these great recipe k? ;)

Unknown said...

some of these sound yummy. I dunno about lobster cheesecake though!

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

So not fair - I am starving!!!! Great list. Mmmmmm

Tilly Greene said...

Shoot! Now I'm hungry...and you mentioned Jack, so not fair! Miss that man almost as much as In-and-Out :-)

Anonymous said...

This is a good list, now if only i was handy in the kitchen to actually make some of these!!

Unknown said...

OMG I love Crab Rangoon!! I haven't had that since I left Virginia. Now I need to make them...

Thanks for posting these.

Anonymous said...

Yummmmmmmmm. I dont like to cook but I might try a few of these out:) Happy TT.

The Gal Herself said...

I visit your blog and develop a yen for mac & cheese and adopting another cat. It's as though you're encouraging me to become a fat old cat lady! Good, fine, be that way.

Cinnamon Girl said...

I made Kapama yesterday (greek stew) and it was wonderful! Now you got me thinking homemade mac n cheese!

Believer in Balance said...

Thanks! I'm always looking for good recipes!

Anonymous said...

Lobster cheesecake! Leave it to Emeril to come up with that combination!!

Great list, Sparky! Now, I'm starving.

Kungpao chicken, the spicier the better, Love the peanuts too!!

I'll have to try the PF Changs lettuce wraps and the Crab Rangoons.

Unknown said...

im not doing a list this week but can I say yummy..Crab rangoon would be my favorite

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

hungry!!! great list spark!

smiles, bee

Lisa Andel said...

Man, I sure don't get to eat like this. That would mean I'd actually have to cook, wouldn't it? Can I get some Somky Mountain Chicken to go?

Lisa Andel said...

P.S. My TT is over 18 and NSFW in a big way this week. So keep that in mind if you follow the linkie.

Nicole said...

When's lunch? =) Great TT. I'll have to try some of those!

erin said...

What a great list! I am always looking for new recipes to try. Happy TT! My list is just random facts about me.

Schmoop said...

Mmmmmmmmm Crab Rangoon....

Special K ~Toni said...

The lobster cheesecake sounds yummy! Great T13!

Chelle Y. said...

I should not read lists like this when I am hungry!

www.chelleyoung.com

Amy Ruttan said...

I'm starving now and I have let's see ...4hrs before dinner. Darn you (shaking fist in air). IS that repayment for the Anal Bum Covers on Wylie's blog? ;)

I could have said something about "Turd Ferguson"

"I'll take Ape tities for $100,"

"That's not Ape tities Mr. Reyonds that's A petite dejeuner"

Anonymous said...

Yes, actually, now I am hungry. Fun list!

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

This is my favorite online recipe I've ever stumbled across: Kalua Pig. Happy TT!

L^2 said...

Hmmm... I'm not so sure about that lobster cheesecake, but most of the rest of these sound really good. I just might have to try them. Thanks for sharing. :-)

Rebecca said...

I so should NOT have come here bfore lunch! ;-)

Happy TT13 :P

impwork said...

I've learnt to eat before I read TT otherwise the food posts make me hungry.

Great list :-)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I'm totally craving lobster right now. I think it's because my promised birthday dinner never materialized.

Good stuff on here, Sparky. Eat in good health.

Anonymous said...

Ooh these look great. I loved the above score as well. Although my son's dr. went to Michigan....so he's quite upset.

Wylie Kinson said...

Don't know what made my lick my lips more... this 13, or Lisa Andel's!

btw - I read her comments eagerly anticipating your witty comment. What happened??

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

just printed out the Smoky Mountain chicken since I could not decide what to have for dinner tonight...problem solved

Valtool said...

We sold a book at the Christian bookstore (out of general interest) called Secret Restaurant Recipes. Our favorite/most-valued was the one for Cracker Barrel's Hashbrown casserole.

Denise Patrick said...

Yummm. Yes, I'm hungry now - and I've still got a couple of hours before dinner time!!

Great List. Happy TT!

Irishcoda said...

Yes I'm definitely hungry but...lobster cheesecake? ....

I'm visiting for the first time, like the name of your blog!

Jenny McB said...

We just had this big conversation about mac and cheese today at lunch and I checked out your recipe link. I think I will make it this weekend! The Chinese noodles look good also, but some ingredients that I haven't cooked with before, guess I should get daring.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Moroccan Chicken - mmm!

Anonymous said...

I love PF Changs! I'll definitely be trying that one out!

Tink said...

Yummy, i want to try them all!!! I'm not much of a cook though I'm afraid.
Thanks for visiting my IJmuiden TT. Sorry I'm this late for my return visit!