Monday, September 03, 2007

50 States 50 Hotties-Idaho

In honor of Idaho losing to USC by only 28 points and the fact that I consider Idaho to be a Pacific Northwest state, we get the 50 in 50 Project back on track. Idaho was hard, which I am sure, no one is surprised by.

Lana Turner was born as Julia Jean Mildred Frances Turner in Wallace, Idaho on February, 8 1921. With a name like that, we can see why Lana became her stage name. She was a star of many classic films, including A Star is Born and the original version of The Postman Always Rings Twice. She passed away in 1995 of complications from throat cancer.




Just to be sure you are paying attention, look for the male hottie contest to start this week.

7 comments:

Wylie Kinson said...

Male hotties? I'll be back...

Lisa Andel said...

What day Sparky?

Julia Phillips Smith said...

I'll be sure to check that out. Nice to see a classic hottie in your tour of the states, Sparky.

The Gal Herself said...

The coolest thing about Lana Turner is that she was the Lindsay Lohan of her day. Always in trouble. Married men. Elopements. (I believe she was married to a hypnotist for a short time.) And her daughter ran her mobster boyfriend through with a knife. Lana was definitely an E ticket ride back in the day.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Lana and I share a birthday. Excellent choice. I do hope my kid doesn't Shishkabob my dates though. Although Johnny was a pig.

Hyperion said...

You're picking dead people now? Well, then I hope we can expect to see Sacagawea fairly soon.

Oh, and I lived in Oregon for a long time: Idaho is NOT the Pacific Northwest. We'll ignore the whole NOT ON THE PACIFIC thing for the time being. The main reason: at the Oregon/Idaho border is where Mountain time starts. Sorry, but them is the rules.

Good choice, though. Lana is superfly.

AtriaBooks said...

What? No Larry Craig?