Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Very Superstitious

Ok, a new plan of attack when it comes to the interviewing process. If you don't know this feathered friend too well, you might not know that I am a very superstitious being. I mean to an OCD level. I kiss my finger then kiss the side of a plane every flight for luck. I knock wood anytime anyone even mentions the word pregnant. Black cats get spit on and I was more then relived when we were able to move our flight to Hilton Head from Friday to Thursday since Friday was a Friday the 13th. So, yes I am out of my mind when it comes to superstitions and changing luck.

So, until further notice, especially after this latest interview when I get the whole "they have decided to go in another direction speech" I am unemployed. Once I say I am no longer unemployed, it will mean I have gotten through all the interviews and gotten an offer. I think somewhere in my brain that I keep talking about it and I keep jinxing myself in some way. I know its wrong and silly, but after 2 and a half years (I took the first 6 months and did not look for a job at all) of interviewing with no success, ya gotta change something.

So, you the reader can help. Next time I say, I have an interview next week, YELL AT ME

14 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

***note to self... next time do not pat the plane three times, instead kiss finger and touch plane. got it...

smiles, bee

Sparky Duck said...

Bee-Thanks you made me laugh

Anonymous said...

That's the downside to interviewing, it in and of itself IS a fulltime job!

Good luck Mr.Duck!

Anonymous said...

Next time tuck your pants legs into your socks. Maybe that'll change your luck.

Cinnamon Girl said...

I know what you mean Sparky, it's hard cause you want to vent and all but then you jinx it! So..you....HUSH! No more interview tidbits :P

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

DUDE! Man I totally agree with this about the interviews.... I went through it when I was looking and stopped talking about them to EVERYONE...even the ex.... 'how was the interview?' 'what interview?'

Anndi said...

You've been going on interviews?

Um.. you spit on the cat? You mean you actually get WITHIN spitting distance of a BLACK cat???

You are a brave man.. know what happens if one sheds on you? *shudders*

SMOOCH

Carrie said...

I don't step on cracks. Ever. Even in the floor at work, I'll go out of my way to walk around them. Not that I'm overly cautious of my mother's back, I just can't make myself step on them.

Best of luck to you!!

Sparky Duck said...

Starr-I shall just have to vent with some really loud pearl jam.

Bond-I never tell the wife when I am having an interview until the night before, though she usually can tell because I am lighting up smokes a bit more. I knew you would think like me.

Anndi-Trying, but keeping em mostly on the QT. And no I dont get close enough to spit on a black cat, I just "phantom spit" from where I am at. But remember I do have 2 cats so they dont scare me.

Asara-Thanks for the good words and also reminding me to avoid cracks again.

pissed off patricia said...

Just write off the bad interviews as their loss and sell yourself at the next one.

The Gal Herself said...

Patricia is completely right. The best interview advice I ever got was from a former coworker/future lover who told me very frankly that during intereviews I acted "like a puppy who wants her tummy scratched." Employers are often looking for a long-term fit, saving them the hassle and expense of hiring and training again, and sometimes you do better if you seem like you're interviewing them, as well, to see if they're right for you. And if you and the company are a bad fit, she's right, just move on. (And I freelanced for a year and a half while looking for a job, so I know what I'm talking about.)

Desert Songbird said...

I say quit looking and let it find you. Worked for hubby; worked for me in the past. Then again, I'm lazy, so what the hell do I know?

[[slinks away muttering "pregnant, pregnant, pregnant...]]

Wylie Kinson said...

You are hereby excused from my TT this week. In fact, don't even look at it. You may feel the urge to spit at the computer screen ;P

Good luck with your upcoming job interviews, since we won't hear about them!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the job. I know it must be frustrating. Don't worry, something will come along soon!