Friday, August 10, 2007

No, Its not Clarence

I have had meme tags all over the place that have just been slipping by the wayside. Now, of course, I should not be ashamed of this, because it means that I am truly popular, but it also means that I am slow as molasses. The Gal at One Gals Musings tagged me for this one, with the little tidbit that she thought I was Sparky Clarence Duck.

I debated, I stalled, I hemed and I hawed. Could a duck really be Clarence? No, the imagination could not come up with something, at least with that many letters in it. Oh wait, you are wondering why I would care about letters? well read on folks read on.


1. You have to post these rules before you give the facts.

2. Players, you must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of their middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.

3. When you are tagged you need to write your own blog-post containing your own middle name game facts.

4. At the end of your blog-post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


So, that means 4, folks will get tagged. Of course, thats after we talk some more about me.

J-Joker. I don't think I am exactly a joker, I am more a sarcastic joker. So, sometimes people just don't find me that funny. But, there is no accounting for there lack of intellect. See, sarcastic joker.

O-Olives. The best thing in a martini is Vodka, Olive Juice and of course Olives. I used to be just a beer kind of guy, but as this duck has gotten older, I have refined my tastes. Its ok to sip a cosmo and it is certainly OK to have a dirty martini with olives.

H-Heart. Apparently I wear my heart on my sleeve, or so the wife tells me. She can tell when I am trying to be fake happy because something is bothering me, or when I can't even fake it and I just get depressed. But she also loves the joy she can see in my face when something really great happens or surprises me. Its not macho to be emotional, so the heart on the sleeve thing I try to reserve for the house. I am not always successful.

N-Nosy. I like to get the dirt on things. I like to have secrets, because I am so good at keeping them. So, I have become a professional eavesdropper and a shoulder to cry on. Part of reason I am good at it is because of the H, but also I because I like to be in the know.

Yep, so this duck has a lame middle name like John. Quaint really.

But, now the tags:

Tiff-Because she is like my tag go to girl.
EC-Because there has to be something cool between the E and the C
Local Girl-Hell, her first name is Kailani, enuff said.
Momish-Maybe she can plug her new blog as well.

Though a caveat, I would have tagged Bleeding Espresso, because I bet the meme would have been cool, but she is taking a blogging siesta. And, I would have tagged Tiggerprr, especially since its her blogging anniversary. But then I saw she tagged Kailani too when she did this meme recently, so now its just a race!

15 comments:

tiggerprr said...

Tagging people for memes is hard work! :)

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

OK, but post-siesta, I'm *so* on this (I'll take the psuedo-tag) ;)

Amy Ruttan said...

Ok if I had taken my husbands last name this would be my initials. ACK! Seriously.

That's why I kept it the way I did.

My middle name is also longer than my first. No way to short form Amy, but it could be Yam or May that's about it. That's pretty plain.

Schmoop said...

Olives...Dirty Martinis? You are a good man indeed. I love em' both. Cheers!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag there, Sparky!! I absolutely hate my middle name, so I may cheat and lie with a totally random name that bears no resemblance to the gag name on my birth certificate. Hope you don't mind!

Gotta think about this one so it may take me a few days to get it out.

Cheers!

P.s. from your posts I would say the H in John is right on the mark! And it is a lovely trait to have, I might add.

Cinnamon Girl said...

An excellent post Sparky one =)

Olives are awesome! Vodka...is better;)

Wylie Kinson said...

Sparky John Duck. Very all-American :) :) :)

My son's middle name is John Paul, and I hope he shares the 'H' quality with you...

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Sparky John Duck

yup that certainly flows across the tongue... never been a Martini guy.... but loves me olives - especially stuffed with blue cheese or anchovies... yup i am a wack-a-doo

ZuZu said...

I have no clue what a meme is and how it really works, but it could've been a lot worse: they could've thought you were Howard the Duck. I mean, it was an okay movie and all, catchy theme song, but, you know.....:)

Desert Songbird said...

I'm thinking Matt skips the dirty martinis and prefers dirty woman who drink martinis...

Nice meme, John...still working on mine.

Anonymous said...

Aha! I found it. I was looking for an award, not a meme tag. No opakapaka for you Sparky Duck! LOL!

Thanks for the reminder about Tiggerr's tag. Thank goodness I don't have a super long Hawaiian middle name. hee hee

The Gal Herself said...

Sparky John Duck. Yes, you do sound like an All-American Bird. Were you named John in honor of any family mallards?

Sparky Duck said...

Tigger-yea tell me about it, I may just have to tag you soon just to make my life easier.

Sognatrice-I can't wait to see it

AmyR-Im guessing Cassandra

Matt-Man-as always, you are an ispiration.

Momish-Hey hey no cheating, if I was cheating, I would have gone with Clarence.

Starr-Vodka is more necessary for a martini then olives, so you are spot on.

Wylie-I would hope just to have some of the H that I am sure all your children have.

Bond-Just bought some blue cheese stuffed ones this past weekend.

Annie-the rules were on top, I know even you could figure it out. :)

Songbird-Who doesnt love dirty drunk women? welcome home.

Kailani-Fine, keep your opakapaka with your brillant weather, lovely sunsets and all that other perfect island stuff

The Gal-Perhaps, though truthfully, that is a family mistake which I will not go into, since if they could have I think the parentals would have gone for a do over.

tiff said...

Dude - I'm so doing this. My thanks for the tag, because you KNOW I'm all over playing along.

Plus which, my middle name only has three letters, so it's going to be a cinch! :>

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

The wait is over Mr. Duck.