Sunday, July 29, 2007

Blogathon 44.48 Save the Cats



I have had three living companions through this Blogathon 2007. One was Mrs Duck, she hung on until 1 am and came down between 5:30 and 6:00 to check on me. Oh and to reload on her advil, but she did come and see me as well. There other duo was Lola and Bettina, my two furry feline (kids?, babies?, compadres? owners?). Lola is the Calico and Bettina is the Tuxedo and the did there best job to try and stare at me and not snore to loud as the lounged on the chairs that were unoccupied. But it was good having them around.

If I did not choose Shriners Childrens Hospitals, I would have selected Save the Cats, Inc. They are the rescue shelter that allowed us to adopt the frisky duo. And allowed was a good way to put it, since it seemed like Mrs Duck and I were applying for a job to get to take these two home.

So, I am not going to ask you to donate to Save the Cats, though be prepared for that possibility next year. But I am going to ask that if you ever consider getting a dog or cat, get one from a rescue group or no kill shelter. The animals they have there are maybe a little more work, but when you get them to trust you, they are the most loving little beasts in the world.

8 comments:

Rhian said...

sip of coffee..
yay sparks!
another sip of coffee.....
yay sparks!
another sip of coffee...

Sparky Duck said...

Rhian, I hope you are refreshed and bright eyed and bushy tailed

Rhian said...

are you crazy? - it'll take another hour and full pot of coffee before i even approach being human.

Tilly Greene said...

Okay, the cheesey kittie grins didn't get to you? Or the chance to wake them up because you wanted to, not because they did?

You are a stronger person than me Sparky...I was in bed and snoozing from about 8.

Anndi said...

I had a Calico.. her name was Coquette, and that she was. That picture captures de Calico's favourite pose LOL!

You're doing a great thing my duckie friend.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Ahh...another cat person =)

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

nice to have friends...

Anonymous said...

What cuties!!! They looks so cozy and cuddly!