Monday, June 11, 2007

Meatball TV

I, myself, have not watched the Sopranos for years now. The show got a little too violent for my tastes, plus it did not always make sense from week to week. But, its not too hard to keep up with this last season since everyone and their Uncle Sue seemed to be talking about it on the radio and TV. But, if you did like us and watched the last half hour so you could know what happened, try to find someone to ask for that half hour of your life back.

Oh no, we are never going to come back as a movie yeah right!
This is going to be it, I am so sick of playing Tony Soprano until your wallet is sicker of you not having any money

I am glad we have not spent years watching the final spiral of this show. You knew David Chase would not be able to wrap up every story line, but the main one would have been nice.

9 comments:

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Now you see..if you have read any of my writings, many times I leave things dangling so the reader and interpret the story to their hearts content...
I had presumed there would be a huge shoot-em-up at the end.. but was not totally disappointed in how Mr. Chase decided to allow the fans to decide on what happened after the screen went blank...

Anthony said...

It's getting a lot of attention considering (1) it's on pay cable in a city where they move Eagles games to channel 6 if they are on ESPN and (b) as it is, only about 8 million people watch, which would be low enough to get it cancelled if it were on "free" TV.

I can only imagine that there is some media tie-in between the newspaper-radio-HBO parent companies that lead them to pay so much attention to something that so few people watch.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Never seen any of them. I had always planned on renting them via netflix. Maybe I should just rent Godfather I and II :P

Erin said...

I watched it up until this season - then I was just so pissed about the on and off again status of this show I just sort of "forgot" about it. AFter see the finale, I was glad I did! It sucked...

Jay said...

I have never seen the show in my life, but I totally believe that film makers, writers, and yes, even the kids on tv, are totally entitled to open endings. Life is like that. Characters go on living even past the stories being told, and I sort of respect when things are not tied up in a fancy bow at the end. That seems false to me.

Anthony said...

Aw, c'mon jay! You're being totally ridiculous. ;)

People pay money for this crap, and they want a nice bow, so they can justify their big cable bill.
Otherwise, they can get better entertainment on 'free' TV - or at their kid's grammar school play.

Otherwise, they feel like schmucks for paying for this junk.

Hmmm ...

Unknown said...

on another note, Michael is heading to the Post office today..When you read this, can you resend your address to mjchristopher@comcast.net

pissed off patricia said...

I never saw a single episode of the show and I'm proud of that.

Wylie Kinson said...

I saw EVERY episode and am proud of it. Best written show on tv bar none. The show was centered on moral ambiguity and ended exactly as it should have. (exept for the 11 million people screaming at their cable companies! ;)
Sparky - I replied to your comment on my blog, which may satisfy your craving for an end. It's one of my fave theories... so come on back and check it out.