Monday, June 02, 2008

Philly Wedding Review-Synergetic Sounds

***Its Our Anniversary, so this is a repost, but I figure good people need some credit***

Ok, this review was all mine. Mrs Duck always said that the DJ's were my job for the reception and that would mean I have to go all the way by finishing up with the review. As some of you may know from all my posts about it, Music is a very important thing in my life. I always thought I could be a wedding DJ, except for the fact that my voice sounds like Mickey Mouse when it goes through the microphone. But, I could never ever do as good a job as Synergetic Sounds did.

From the first meeting up until the start of the reception, they were extremely professional. Jason Weldon was our MC and Dan was the one behind the turntables, at least I think he was. The best part about Synergetic is that you have as much or as little control as you want. I had a healthy list of requests that I wished to hear, and they played everyone of them that they could find. Plus they were able to read the crowd. I had requested Poison by Bell Biv Devoe and also some Kayne West. The dj's were able to realize that if the dance floor is filled when you hear some BBD and Kayne, then the crowd would love Hip Hop Hooray! And they were right, it was one of the best dance portions of the night.

Plus, they were able to dig up things. Chasing Cars had just been featured on Grey's Anatomy a few weeks before and we both fell in love with it once we heard it. But, it had not even hit the airwaves. One of the last songs played before the dance floor was opened up? Chasing Cars. It just made me smile, well, smile more then I had been since it was our wedding day finally.

I think on the bride and grooms wedding day, they should be treated like kings and queens of the ball. Jason and Dan helped to make sure that was possible, making sure that we enjoyed the music, had any requests or checking the volume. Plus, they were both just really nice guys. Plus, we had a ban on line dances and hokey party favors, and they followed up with that ban, no questions asked. Even turning down a cute little 8 year old nephew. Now thats what I call customer service :)

In the end, Synergetic Sounds would be a company that I highly reccomend, and have done so time and time again when anyone asks questions about our DJs.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you consider reviewing my band? Here is a link to the website. Please contact me if you are interested. Thanks!

Philadelphia Wedding Bands

Alicia said...

You lived in NJ, huh?
My son was born in Brick, NJ and my husband was stationed at Lakehurst. We lived at Ft Dix because the Navy housing at Lakehurst was terrible.
My son had surgery at Children's in Philly, so we only made it there for his consultations, doctors visits and eventual surgeries...
I wish I would've spent more time in the city. It really is beautiful.
We moved to Colorado a few months later...
NOT a nightmare! Tug lives in HELL, I agree... but I'm from Boulder. It's very different and beautiful.

Buttercup said...

Sounds like you had great DJs. Reminded me of the great guys who DJayed for my friends Wood and Dutch. I'm glad it worked out so well. Must have been a blast!

J-Dawg's Realm said...

I miss being a DJ :(

Also, you have been added to my CHOICE READINGS section as a favorite stop on my blogging path :)

J

無料提供!!情報商材・商品徹底分析!!(初心者向け) said...

Nice to meet you, great blog!
Please link to this site

http://vuitton-miumiu.blogspot.com/

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Worked as a wedding DJ for a number of years for a company I am sure you know of...THE PROS

I loved weddings and that is why I focused only on them.

I worked alone, so had songs mixed on cassettes, allowing me to be on the dance floor with the guests. If the couple wanted favors and line dances they got em..if they did not..they got that too.

My one "trick" was to record the intro of the wedding party, the first dance and then the toasts by the best man and during the cake cutting I would present the cassette with the exact time it all began written on it to the couple so every year on their anniversary they could pop it in and relive the first 10-15 minutes of their wedding.

Cinnamon Girl said...

Oh nice touch, Vinny.

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Happy Anniversary Duck family! :D