Monday, March 26, 2007

Amazingly, there are hills in Slope Park

First off, apologies. I know I had mentioned there would be a contest for some free books over the weekend. It was a way for me to get all of you people to look at my blog while I was off carousing with the wife for the weekend. Yea, um, can we have a do over on that? Friday got away from me, I swear, the cat ate my homework. So, stay tuned this week for a simple simple contest!

So, it was off to North Jersey, the boonies, to visit my aunt and uncle. It was the sticks, honestly. Just a bit too rural for me and my liking. There were just too many times that we had to have the high beams on while driving up. But, it was alot better then the last time we made the trip, since a 2 hour trip took almost 4 hours.

Saturday was the highlight of the whole trip. Of course, it could have been seen as the lowlights too. It was Bowdoin's birthday celebration, and one of her wishes was to have the dogs, one chocolate lab and one young bulldog. First, in the trip was about 2 hours with dogs that have some farting issues. Then, while my cousin wanted to see the dogs, she didn't want them running around her small apartment. Not exactly thought out full as an idea. But, once skippy and dodo got there bearings, they actually behaved. We walked around the neighborhood, I am not sure whether it is Queens or Brooklyn, Im not a city guy. But we did eventually end up in Park Slope, so maybe someone can tell me where the heck we were!

But the highlight?? Dinner naturally. Bowdoin picked out this fantabulous greek restaurant, Miriam. I mean top of the world awesome. The appetizer was so delicious I wish I was not sharing it with Mrs Duck. And I am not usually a noodle pudding fan with my dinner, yet there kugel went perfect with the braised short ribs. Now I am getting hungry again. Oh, and for dessert, the greatest chocolate brownie sundae at the Chocolate Room across the street. For a foodie, this was the tops!

I am still exhausted, and its Monday morning. Feels like I spent most of the weekend in the car, between driving North, being a passenger to NYC and then driving home again. Im getting old, I was in bed before Mrs Duck and before 11 PM!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a place called The Chocolate Room? What a great idea! I would definitely be a regular there.

Jay said...

So good you wished you weren't sharing! That's great.

Christie O. said...

oh i am so jealous of your trip to nyc!! i miss the restaurants there so much!! sigh. we used to party at a place called the "Chocolate Bar" which had kick-ass chocolate martinis, but man, a Chocolate Room? I could tear that up.

Christie O. said...

oh i am so jealous of your trip to nyc!! i miss the restaurants there so much!! sigh. we used to party at a place called the "Chocolate Bar" which had kick-ass chocolate martinis, but man, a Chocolate Room? I could tear that up.

Christie O. said...

ps. sorry, i hit publish twice. lame!

Tug said...

Wow...fun times!! I would LOVE to visit NYC. AND the Jersey shore... yeah, I'm weird. I live in Hell. **sigh**

Rhian said...

Dog farts and Greek Food...life doesn't get any better than that. Snickering....

MissMargo said...

Exactly how rural can New Jersey possibly be? I mean really, rural like what only 1 Starbucks in town?

Lady Jane Scarlett said...

Sounds like an awesome time!