I was going to do one on the 13 best Super Bowls, but I have been watching games since 1980 and I dont think I could have found 13 great games. So I went with players, but there gonna be modern ones, since I am only 34. And its gonna be quick since I am running so late.
1. Kellen Winslow-he changed the way Tight Ends are thought of. They are now more like slower receivers because of the way Winslow played the game.
2. Troy Aikman-a quarterback of the dynasty of the 90's. He was able to manage a game and all of there superstars and still win. Even though he was a, ughh, Cowboy.
3. Brett Favre-can make chicken salad out of chicken you know what. As long as there is time left on the clock, Favre is still in a ball game because he can make something happen anytime.
4. LaDanian Tomlinson- Holds the NFL record for touchdowns in one season. A multi Talented running back who can run, catch passes and even throw the ball on a spiral.
5. Tom Brady-Captain Clutch. If I had one game to play, he would be my Quarterback. Up until this year, he just did not lose when the game mattered most.
6.Walter Payton-"Sweetness" The career leading rusher in the NFL. Graceful as a gazelle and enough toughness to match his gracefulness.
7.Peyton Manning- I am not personally one of his biggest fans, but you never watch one of his games and say, good lord what an ugly pass. Finally won a big game this year so he has to make the list.
8. Jerry Rice-if a football was thrown his way, he was going to catch it. And tough as nails, which says alot for a wide receiver. I think he has both the most receptions for a career as well as most TD's for a wide receiver for a career.
9. Emmitt Smith-you dont know how much I hated him as a fan of other teams. Probably because he knew just how to beat your team. Ran for 200 yards against the Giants in the playoffs with a severly seperated shoulder. Tough.
10.Deion Sanders-yes, he couldnt tackle well, and yes he had a big mouth. But no one covered a receiver better. Fastest player I have ever seen and god forbid he was back returning punts against you, a touchdown was almost a guarantee.
11. Joe Montana-The original Captain Clutch. He never lost a Super Bowl in 4 tries. Cool in the pocket and never relief on one receiver to catch a ball.
12. Lawrence Taylor-the fiercest, scariest, toughest Linebacker ever, even when he wasnt doing cocaine. Just as Joe Theismann. Changed the way the NFL thinks of Linebackers.
13.Barry Sanders-The greatest runner I have ever seen. Could magically get out of any situation, out of any pile. A threat to run 80 yards everytime he touched the ball. Did all this in Detroit, who has sucked for as long as I can rememeber. the Greatest, period!
Apologies now to Terry Bradshaw, Cliff Branch, Roger Staubach, Fred Blientenkoff, Franco Harris and Lynn Swann. You guys may have made the list except for the fact that by the time I was watching football, you were all kinda on your last legs.
This list was hard, I know I missed some folks, but thats the fun of lists right? Did I miss any of your favorites?
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants