Sunday, February 18, 2007

My Snotty Valentine

2007 was our first Valentine's Day as husband and wife and it certainly was one of those memorable ones, if not for the best of reasons. I had started feeling better, but had not been 100%. The fever had faded. Mrs Duck, however, was in rare form. It seemed like everything that she had touched was screwed up in some way, from the coffee pot to the laptop. So, needless to say, a slight "discussion" ensued. We had probably just been spending a wee bit too much time together, with the fevers and all. We were hot blooded. When Tin Man came to take the wife to the doctors down in the city, in an ice storm no less, my parting words beyond I love you were get her a sedative.

The break was good since I got my second wind. The phlegm was still wreaking havoc with the wife, so I just whipped up some Rachael Ray Crab Cakes and some rice that tasted like crap. No more Uncle Bens! Oh, and I made Raspberry Cream Cookies, which were the perfect mix of berry and chocolate. All this activity though had me passing out. No worries faithful readers, I survived, as you can see.

So, Saturday it was the Valentine's Day dinner out down in South Philly at a nice little Italian Restaurant. It was a Mrs Duck Family affair, which was okay actually, since I really do like my in-laws. We did meet Sarge's new girlfriend, though I do not think I will be giving her a nickname yet, since the consesus seems to be that she will not be around that long. Of course, Sarge is Sarge, so I bet they could be married someday with our luck.

Thats 2007 for you. Its not like I am going to have that rough a time of topping it next year. It could have been worse as well, we could have been stranded on I-78 near Allentown for about 42 hours like some other pathetic souls. So things are looking up.

3 comments:

Tug said...

Feel BETTER you two!! It's not so bad when things can get better...

Anonymous said...

It was just the cold talking. I'm sure she realizes that, too. Hope you're both feeling better soon!

Christie O. said...

raspberry cream cookies and crab cakes! you're welcome at my house anytime!