Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Trashy

Well that is how I have felt for the past few days, like warmed over trash. My right ear is clogged, but only sort of clogged and sore. My nose is not really stuffed, but that I am sure has to do with my Claritin-D "addiction". And the worse part is that i am fighting off these little mini fevers. And when I say mini, they are bordering on being so so small there are more like taking my head and warming it up in a microwave for 6 seconds. But, they do give some interesting dreams. Like last night, I was giving a speech on coughing. And, you will never guess what woke me up?? Yes, ladies and gentleman, a coughing fit. All that did was wake the both of us up and cause me to have to listen to another lecture on my smoking.

So, blogger buddies, is this the flu that you all have been suffering from, or is it some new strain of troubles?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, um, the smoking CAN'T be helping...but mine was not the flu, but a persistent cold/sinus infection made worse by the fact that temps ranged from the 80's to the 30's.

Hey, thanks for the offensive coordinator, by the way!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I was going to comment on all those lovely tan cig butts that now adorn your front yard. I'm sure that all that ash and chemical shit looks way better in your lungs though.
And...dare I say...that you're having hot flashes?!
Feel better soon!

Tug said...

I'd say sinus infection, too. And if you don't get prescription meds to take care of it? Your head fills up until you can feel the liquid moving around in there. Seriously - it does NOT go away.

MissMargo said...

The Tylenol Sinus works great for me. They also have a multi-symptom that kicks ass.

And just to add insult to illness, I'd like to remind you that smoking does aggrivate allergies.

;)

Anonymous said...

to get rid of throat/lung gunk - Mucinex. It has 6x toe medicine of "Tussin" syrups. Phenominal expectorant.

Had also gotten thru mine with the help of warmed apple cider as well. No medicinal value but it was a clear liquid that went down well.

Anthony said...

I'd say some sort of inner-ear infection. Probably not the flu, unless you have muscle aches to go along with the coughing.

Maybe you have Phillie Fever, baby!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Should I make some geography comment now, my friendly duck? *grin*

Take care of yourself!!!

Neila said...

Ugh! I swear that stuff keeps going around our house and we can't get rid of it! I have been Zicaming it out the ying yang!

Irish Church Lady :) said...

Don't know. I had a flu shot but I kinda feel like a might be starting a cold.

Hope you're better / not hacking soon! Sweet Dreams!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better. Lots of flu going around and misery.

We got a mild dose of flu this week. My misery is not so mild this week.

Thinking happy thoughts....