Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Duck Soup Bowl #4

And I can honestly say, I have been looking forward to this serving of Bowl Games tonight since it was announced almost a month ago.

The 2007 AllState Sugar Bowl

#11 Notre Dame 10-2 vs #4 LSU 10-2

Major Victories
LSU
49-0 over Kentucky
28-24 over Tennessee on a last second touchdown in Knoxville
28-14 over Alabama
31-26 over Arkansas in Fayetteville, Ark

Notre Dame
14-10 over Ga Tech, shutting down Calvin Johnson of Tech who is a Top 5 draft pick
41-17 over Penn State
a 40-37 Miracle comeback that killed Michigan States Season
20-17 over UCLA
28-14 sinking of Navy

Reasons to Watch
1.Charlie Weis has a month to figure out how to beat the Tigers. He comes from the Bill Belichik coaching tree, so anytime you give one of Belichik's and Parcells disciples time, it could be scary.

2.Brady Quinn and JaMarcus Russell are probably the two top QB's in next years draft if JaMarcus decides to come out.


3.Szemarzdja does not drop passes. He's good for one circus catch per game.

4.Trindon Holiday looks like he might be struggling to be 5'5, yet he is the fastest player I think I may have seen since Deion Sanders. He will return a kick off for a TD.


5.Wordnerd lives and dies with LSU football, so we want to be able to feel her pain if need be.

Prediction:
Well, all week I was thinking its just LSU's time, they are better, stronger, faster. The Tigers could get off the Bus and be up 14 points just from the fact that they are sooooo athletic. But, Charlie Weis had time, lots of time, and LSU is not Ohio State. But, my mind just tells me LSU is too good, though it will be closer then I first thought. LSU 24-ND16

1 comments:

Anthony said...

I agree. I think the Tigers smoke this bunch.