Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Thanksgiving Sacriledge

So, we finally settled the entire Thanksgiving day menu, a little bit of Mrs Ducks wishes, a little bit of mine, though actually I think I am still waiting for the final ok on the mashed potato recipe. Though now that I think of it, I have one more thing to work out.

Anyways, there was a discussion yesterday about what to do about Green Bean Casserole. Now you all know green bean casserole, that vegetable dish with the cream of mushroom soup and french fried onions etc. Now I understand that not everyone loves this dish, probably because its been a staple of many family functions.

Well, Mrs Duck is one of those who is not a big fan, though I dont think she has really experienced it too much, and we had a youngster make it last year, and it was plain awful. But, the wife's solution was not one too much better. "How about substituting cauliflower, or broccolli?" Yea, how about tofudogs for the fourth of july!

So we came to a compromise. This year its green beans with special butter, and I have to find another veggie idea, either brussel sprouts or something with corn. Next year, the family favorite Green Bean Casserole.

0 comments: