Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A nice little holiday meme

A Southern Girl tagged me for this one, ok, she tagged anyone that stopped by, so I will do the same, if you like it, just send me a comment and ill check ya out.


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg nog is holiday like, so I will say that. Plus Miss Kittie adores it, on the level of cant have anything else but Egg Nog if she smells it.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? A litte of both. Santa wraps some, but Mrs Duck NEEDS to have wrapped presents under the tree, so Santa gets some and I get the rest.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White on the outside, because its so damned expensive to change them out, colored on the tree, though the mantle has white. Eventually u will see.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Yes, though closer to Christmas day itself, I get enough kisses.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Depends on the weather, the last two years it was the weekend of Thanksgiving, because the ground was still soft. The tree is always up right after Turkey Day.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Stuffin, though the brussel sprouts with pancetta I made for thanksgiving is a frontrunner.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Two of them. One is the fact that my parents would give my brother and I a present Christmas eve, so we would be out of there hair so they would be able to wrap the rest. The second is the lights, just lights anywhere, and driving around to see them. Probably why our condo looks like you could land a plane in the front yard.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Santa's not real???


9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?One present each, a tradition we still continue now.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? The personal ornaments are up already, the random colored balls come later, when we feel up to it. Or get sick of the boxes.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Hate hate hate it. Snow is dangerous to Mrs Duck and just a pain in the you know what to me

12. Can you ice skate? If Im wearing Hockey Skates yes I can, though my ankles tell me no the next 3 days.


13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Well, I remeber getting the TV for my bedroom when I was a teenager, even today I still remember that, we were so excited we danced around. Im wearing last years favorite gift, though its a replacement since I wore out these slippers.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family and the total smiles on there faces

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Turtle bars, a cookie my mom used to make and I still miss.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? White Christmas on Christmas Eve.

17. What tops your tree? Just some white shining star from Wal Mart. Its not special, it just lights up.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving. You dont know Mrs Duck. She loves loves loves presents, like a little kid. She just gets so giddy, its hard to not love giving her stuff.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Oh Holy Night by either Kelly Clarkson or Christina Aguilera. For instrumental I love the Hark here the bells song.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?? Hate them, remind me of toothpaste.

2 comments:

tiggerprr said...

Hehe...I just did this very meme...but I got it from someone else! :)

MissMargo said...

Good answers! Way to feel the spirit of the season!