Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Glitter Gun Problems



A nice little controversy here is the fact that Urban Outfitters is selling a glitter gun, all sparkly and stuff for $6.00. Its a Christmas ornament, and to alot of people it might be going alot beyond the irony that they say the glitter gun is supposed to be portraying. They arent embarassed by it at all, or so the corporate hacks say. Except for the fact that the gun has been scrubbed from the website.

This is one of those things that will eventually balloon out of control, more for the parent company of Urban Outfitters, though really where they could get hurt if there was some sort of protest is in the Anthropologie stores, because everything, well most everything is priced at 3 times over almost everything in the Urban Outfitters stores, especially since the Anthro stores cater to the mothers that hand out the credit cards.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why, would anyone think this is cute? I won't go into a full blown rant, but who would buy this? Maybe I am the minority, but I think its crazy.

I have never bought my kids toy guns of any kind. And, neither has my husband. I don't even think he has ever rec'd one as a gift when he was little. Just not something that happens in my house. Toy cars are another story......

laplounge said...

Urban Outfitters has some great stuff, not sure if I would want that ornament ... I do wish that they had some Urbane Couture punk t shirts